The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Advice for postgrads?

I've just accepted an unconditional offer to study at Kent next year for my master's, does anyone have any advice for postgraduate students?

I'm moving from London with my partner and thus don't want to live in halls (although kudos for having some specifically postgrad halls), any advice on renting in the private sector in Kent? Are there estate agents to particularly avoid?

Is it easy to find well paying part-time work in Kent?

:smile: anyone that wants to give me any insight it would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
Original post by purplewasp
I've just accepted an unconditional offer to study at Kent next year for my master's, does anyone have any advice for postgraduate students?

I'm moving from London with my partner and thus don't want to live in halls (although kudos for having some specifically postgrad halls), any advice on renting in the private sector in Kent? Are there estate agents to particularly avoid?

Is it easy to find well paying part-time work in Kent?

:smile: anyone that wants to give me any insight it would be greatly appreciated!

Congrats on your offer. :biggrin:

Having lived in Kent all my life I'm not aware of any estate agents to avoid but it's been about six years since I used an estate agent myself. I tried to rent privately recently and found there is a lot of red tape. No more than my friends in London deal with though so I'm sure your used to that.

Work isn't easy to find here at all at the moment but I'm sure that depends what you are looking at doing. There is plenty of care work. What is it your looking for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply