The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

john171
most of the pharmacists my brother knows are failed med applicants.

LOL exactly, and these are the losers that are dragging us down the 'clinical pharmacy' route because they're wannabe doctors.
I've been doing pharmacy for 4 years now and i'm working in hospital from July. Its not hard to get work in hospital, its a common and popular route for pharmacists to take. I've worked in community like I said and the ignorance of your posts is blatant.(FYI: 22% is over 1/5, still thats over 10,000, whihc is a fair few)

If the only aim of your posts was to get a rise out of people, then quite frankly anything and everything pisses me off during the exam period, so you along with the postman, my flatmate, the tv, the cooker, the rain and the checkout person at sainsburys have all succeeded, but well done all the same.
john171

Ohh and eh emmz,....read what I said again, I never said 1% where hospital pharmacists, I said 99% of Pharmacy was going retail.

Which leaves 1%, a very, very small amount of pharmacists work in industry compared to hospital so the hospital number would be rounded up to 1%. I was more laughing at the fact you seemed to think community pharmacists worked in hospital. That's class, it really is.

Also where did you come up with 99% of pharmacy going retail? I'd hate to think of the number of patients that'd come to harm if there was a very limited number of pharmacists in hospitals.
Reply 23
hehehehe all the failed med applicants are getting worked up.
Where are the failed med applicants? Hmmmm.
Reply 25
John171, Your avatar speaks volumes.
A small sample of your brother's friends doesn't really qualify you to class pharmacy applicants as failed medics. i certainly didn't apply to medicine, and would never have any intention of doing so if I was applying again.
I know of 2 people in my year of 115 who applied for medicine as first choice. hardly backs up your over-exagerated statements.

As I said, everything pisses me off at the moment, but ignorant people who talk out of their arses about subjects they don't have a clue on are right up there with the postman.
Reply 27
JayEm, I wouldn't want to underestimate the quiet one now would I?

I wasn't aware that my avatar speaks! Amazing!

Your avatar is quite remarkable as well, it being a bar code and all....
Reply 28
john171
JayEm, I wouldn't want to underestimate the quiet one now would I?

I wasn't aware that my avatar speaks! Amazing!

Your avatar is quite remarkable as well, it being a bar code and all....

lol. Nice come-back.
Reply 29
If you're gonna neg rep me, at least leave your name, coward.
Reply 30
It's so refreshing to read views from people with such radical ideas:
john171

A small percentage, and I mean small, get to work as a community phamarcist in a hospital (if you're lucky)

, who don't give a toss about the validity of their statements:
john171
I obviously dont know alot about Pharmacy and I honestly dont want to know
and who generalise from a population that would make a statistician cry:
john171

To the main point of this thread though: the pay can be good and can also be fantastic but also consider factors such as flexibility, diversity, career progression and most importantly (in my opinion anyway), job satisfaction. Get some experience and consider all factors. Pay is important but not as important as being happy in what you do.

Now, back to revising the pharmacology of anticonvulsants. A teeny bit more complex than filling shampoo bottles, I'm sure you'll agree. I guess we'll cover that very important skill in 4th yr since I've not covered it yet...:wink:
john171

WTF?!?! Yes, maybe the pharmacists your brother knows are "failed med applicants," however, most of the people on here are people who want to go into pharmacy, have the ability to go into medicine but want to go into pharmacy and want to try and help the community, like myself. Your brother is one of 56 million people who knows a very small percentage of pharmacists in britain, and yet you get a sterotypical view that all pharmacists do is stack shelves. (mind you if that is all they do, they get paid brilliantly for it!)

Community pharmacists (at least the 2 i know) have absolutely nothing to do with placing shampoo bottles on shelves. It's only because Boots, Alliance pharmacy etc. decides that it is a brilliant money making scheme if they put all the other health accessories where they get their medication. Also, the pharmacists i know don't push pills into bottles, that's what pharmacy technicians are for.

Also, you seem to keep going on about only the community pharmacists and not about hospital pharmacists/industrial. Are they not good enough for your criticsims? Industrial pharmacists in drug discovery work like mad to try and find a new drug that would probably help you later on in your life.
Reply 32
i think this threads gone off topic
ive seen two idiots that got u lot worked up
jus ignore them if they dont know what theyre talking about then thats there fault i belive this topic is quite interesting 'pay in pharmacy' so les just keep it to that shall we (i think i should be a mod,....calls xenon)
So to go slightly off track but nowhere near as much as some previous posts!
How difficult is it to get a job in industry?
Can you get a phD in Pharmacy?
Would you be better off with a degree in Pharmacology if you wanted to work in industry?
Thanks in advance for your advice!
Reply 34
and to add to that if u do pharmacy as a degree and then want to go into industry i hear u'll need a phD wot areas can u get a phD in and wot wud u recommend
Reply 35
UT Master
and to add to that if u do pharmacy as a degree and then want to go into industry i hear u'll need a phD wot areas can u get a phD in and wot wud u recommend

what is the point in any of us recommending UT Master you will not know your strengths and weaknesses until you do the course and only then you can tell if what post graduate feel would suit you or if you would want to do a post grad at all, in any case the scope for post graduate education in pharmacy (as it is with many subjects) is too vast to simply narrow them down to a few
Reply 36
Ok John 117 Lets Get Something Straight You Turd.

Im Not A Failed Med Applicant Because

1) Im Not Clever Enough

2) I Dont Wanna Be Working 24/7 And Want A Life Too

So **** Off With Your Smart Comments You Tard
Reply 37
For your information John 117, I have known people to choose Pharmacy over Dentistry another 'higher' up profession in medical care and they received offers from both. From this they choose to take pharmacy over dentistry, so your statement about failed 'meds' is wrong since it is pretty much equally as hard to get into dentistry as it is medicine, so they are not 'failed'.
same comment as ryany too!!
Reply 39
This john person obviously hasnt a clue

Latest

Trending

Trending