The Student Room Group

What to wear for an interview?

I'm 17 and I've got an interview for a part time job at Poundland, and I have no idea what to wear! Any ideas? :rolleyes:
Smart casual is always the way to go in my opinion- smart enough to impress but not overdoing it. When I was at interviews people wore a range of things from normal fleece jackets to whole suites. I just used to wear a pair of black skinny jeans, a plain shirt (proper shirt), a black/ brown cardigan and then smart shoes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you guys :smile:
Reply 4
black trousers, white shirt, black shoes- can't go wrong
Something Smart
Original post by Louise262
I'm 17 and I've got an interview for a part time job at Poundland, and I have no idea what to wear! Any ideas? :rolleyes:

You definitely can't go wrong with smart business attire, shows you made the effort and were prepared :cool:
Original post by Coconutter
Smart casual is always though way to go in my opinion- smart enough to impress but not overdoing it. When I was at interviews people wore a range of things from normal fleece jackets to whole suites. I just used to wear a pair of black skinny jeans, a plain shirt (proper shirt), a black/ brown cardigan and then smart shoes.

I agree.
Wear something smart, but dont overdo it. A pair of black trousers and a blouse, and some plain black shoes.
Reply 8
Just dress smart.. Finally, someone applied for Poudland :rolleyes: Did you just went there and handed in your CV?
Reply 9
Original post by ForgetMe
Just dress smart.. Finally, someone applied for Poudland :rolleyes: Did you just went there and handed in your CV?

There was an advert in the window, so I just handed in my CV :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Louise262
There was an advert in the window, so I just handed in my CV :smile:

Oh :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending