The Student Room Group

**A2 Classical Civilisation**

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EmperorA
Hope i will have the composure to do so

How did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MichaelB6
A lot of my class have similar results; the Greek grade boundaries this year must have been really high.

Still a high A grade in the Roman section is awesome! Well done :biggrin:

Ikr! Well actually they were fairly low, which worries me :/ thanks, I was pretty pleased :smile: and well done to you too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What were the 40 mark questions for the Aeneid and Greek Tragedy? (Jun 2013)
Original post by cecehjerte
What were the 40 mark questions for the Aeneid and Greek Tragedy? (Jun 2013)

This takes me back.....
One was about role of women maybe not sure as I didn't pick that

The other was on the significance of weapons and armour I believe.
Original post by propagation
This takes me back.....
One was about role of women maybe not sure as I didn't pick that

The other was on the significance of weapons and armour I believe.

This is relating to the Aeneid, right?
Original post by cecehjerte
This is relating to the Aeneid, right?

Well both texts.
Like I remember there was something about Hektors Helmet and Astuannax.
Then I spent ages talking about what the shield represented about the republic and Actium and the change between societies between Aeneid and Illiad. E.g one highlighted a lot about farming and a advancing society and the other was more martial (romans) ect..
Reply 386
Hi I'm studying Greek Tragedy and I'm not sure how to tackle some of the 20 mark questions.
For example how would you answer "How important is the concept of family to Oedipus the King?Support your answer by reference to the whole play."
Am I meant to write an argument saying it is very important and then a counter argument saying that the other themes such as belief in fate is more important? Please help I'm so confused!

Thank you
Original post by AmbarA
Hi I'm studying Greek Tragedy and I'm not sure how to tackle some of the 20 mark questions.
For example how would you answer "How important is the concept of family to Oedipus the King?Support your answer by reference to the whole play."
Am I meant to write an argument saying it is very important and then a counter argument saying that the other themes such as belief in fate is more important? Please help I'm so confused!

Thank you

I haven't studied this unfortunately.
But I would most likely follow these steps:
1. Introduction which summaries what you are going to talk about/introduce what is meant by family e.g. his family..

2. Where are there examples which show relations between family and Oedipus and what do they try to convey, are they Important or are they not important?
Then why are they important/not important - do they back-up anything else that happens in the play.

3.Conclusion-what is your view on the subject and why might that be?

Sorry never ever done this so I have no clue what happens. I am sure they do this in English AS/A2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending