The Student Room Group

Do you need to take ID out with you in Ayia Napa?

So basically, my friends and I...when we go on holiday together things tend to get very out of hand (in a good way). Last year in a different country, a girl lost her purse and her bag two nights consecutively. Another girl managed to lose (or get stolen) 30 euros she had with her.

Some of my friends drive, and so have English driving licences. But a couple don't, so passports will be only form of ID. Nobody wants to take their licence with them, ideally, because they don't want to lose it. And under no circumstances does anyone want to take their passport out! We need to get home.

So, if we went out on the first night without any ID, will it be a wasted trip and will we have to turn back to go get some? If people reply saying "They are pretty chilled and don't bother asking", then does that apply for the big clubs as well?

It would be even worse if we were half drunk at past midnight and suddenly had to all walk back to get our licences/passports in order to switch from bars to a club.

:smile: Thanks for the help in advance.
I very much doubt you'll get asked. The drinking age in Cyprus is 17 and as long as everyone looks that or a bit older, I think you'll be fine without ID.
Reply 2
Original post by rockrunride
I very much doubt you'll get asked. The drinking age in Cyprus is 17 and as long as everyone looks that or a bit older, I think you'll be fine without ID.

I'd say we all look our age or older (definitely/hopefully not younger). Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest