The Student Room Group

Guys are never interested in me

I'm starting to wonder what is wrong with me :frown:

I've been told I'm attractive, have a decent body and a nice personality. I have no problem making friends with guys but they never see me as a potential gf, as a result I've never had a bf. I don't think there's ever been a guy who's actually fancied me in my whole life or if there is I've never noticed :s-smilie:

Any suggestions? It's really starting to affect my confidence

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm starting to wonder what is wrong with me :frown:

I've been told I'm attractive, have a decent body and a nice personality. I have no problem making friends with guys but they never see me as a potential gf, as a result I've never had a bf. I don't think there's ever been a guy who's actually fancied me in my whole life or if there is I've never noticed :s-smilie:

Any suggestions? It's really starting to affect my confidence

Hey cheer up! why dont you accept it and get used to it??
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
...if there is I've never noticed

There's your problem.

Be assertive: if you like a guy then tell him.
You will find the right one some day :/
Reply 4
Original post by nicatre
There's your problem.

Be assertive: if you like a guy then tell him.

This .... if you like a guy just tell him, what you don't understand is that most guys are flattered etc. when a girl says she likes them, ofc not every guy out there will feel the same way

I am a strong believer in never bottling up your emotions

I myself have told every girl i've liked my feelings (for the past 3 years) and although i got rejected by each of them (and rejection does hurt i'm not gonna lie) each rejection makes me stronger, even if it takes me a while to get over the rejection
Reply 5
I understand how you feel, I'm the same. I've never had a boyfriend, but one day you will find someone amazing. Loads of people will have loads of boyfriends now and it won't last, yet you will find a guy which it can last with!
I feel the same. But my friend once sent me this photo. And i thought, i'll wait. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey OP,

I just wanna say the EXACT same thing happened to me.

Guys only ever seem to want to put me in the 'potential sex zone' rather than girlfriend zone (not that i cared at the time, but it did make me question what was wrong with me).

Anyway, been single a LOOOONG time and all of a sudden I made friends with this guy, we got really close, found we had loads in common- hes like the guy version of me, and now we are in a relationship.

I didnt even want a relationship, but it just felt right with him.

So yeh Im just trying to point out that i was in the same boat and often things come out where you dont expect them to :smile:
Reply 8
I've been looking for a girl for 4 years and have got nowhere. But I know that I'm gorgeous anyway so I just tell myself it's their loss :wink:
Reply 9
- Take better care of yourself. You can probably look better than you do now - work out more, spend more time on your hair and clothes, experiment with makeup. Dress feminine and learn how to show off your best assets in an elegant way.
- Work on your attitude and body language. Smiley girls are pretty girls, posture is crucial and try not to have closed arms across your chest.
- Expand your social circle. Think about how often you actually meet new people. Get new hobbies and spare time activities.
- Go out more. Consider how often you're in a bar, dinner party or at a house party where there is a chance you can meet a guy and the setting is relaxed and social so that he might approach you.
- Be sweet, open, feminine and interested. Don't try to be always be "one of the guys", let yourself be the feminine one.
Can't see **** captain, gonna need pics to decide whether I would or not.

Don't worry OP, someone will come along eventually
The simplist advice is to smile. Girls are so much more approachable when they smile.
Original post by Tcrumpen
This .... if you like a guy just tell him, what you don't understand is that most guys are flattered etc. when a girl says she likes them, ofc not every guy out there will feel the same way

I am a strong believer in never bottling up your emotions

I myself have told every girl i've liked my feelings (for the past 3 years) and although i got rejected by each of them (and rejection does hurt i'm not gonna lie) each rejection makes me stronger, even if it takes me a while to get over the rejection

All of my this

Clarity is paramount - if you like a guy, in my opinion, tell them. They could be too shy to pronounce their feelings. The worst thing they can say is "I don't like you back". And if you want my advice, consider the quiet guy in your life. He might be the one you're looking for.
I cant tell u because i dont have a pic of u, but me? no girl ever wanted me till i was 23, and then suddenly i became a profesional photo model....

Yes, if u are special u get unoticed by the stupid mass.....

Anyway, i am single, u want a footmasage perhaps?? i do it for free !!
Reply 14
Original post by jellybeansnkmk
I feel the same. But my friend once sent me this photo. And i thought, i'll wait. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The problem with finding this perfect boyfriend with all the right qualities and ticking boxes. Is you build up some perfect image of what your boyfriend should and shouldn't do. Then he doesn't act how you think he should.

That **** will mess you up.
Reply 15
Maybe put some more effort into your appearance? I know its cliched but guys are ridiculously visual, you can be friendzoned or not based on just how much he and his mates rate you.
Original post by Millie228
- Take better care of yourself. You can probably look better than you do now - work out more, spend more time on your hair and clothes, experiment with makeup. Dress feminine and learn how to show off your best assets in an elegant way.
- Work on your attitude and body language. Smiley girls are pretty girls, posture is crucial and try not to have closed arms across your chest.
- Expand your social circle. Think about how often you actually meet new people. Get new hobbies and spare time activities.
- Go out more. Consider how often you're in a bar, dinner party or at a house party where there is a chance you can meet a guy and the setting is relaxed and social so that he might approach you.
- Be sweet, open, feminine and interested. Don't try to be always be "one of the guys", let yourself be the feminine one.

Look no further OP, this list says it all! Great summary :smile:

All of this is pretty much spot on. For me the key things are: how approachable is she, is she feminine, not laddish, does she take care in her appearance and is she smiling and friendly! Pretty simple really.
Original post by edwinemanuelposse
I cant tell u because i dont have a pic of u, but me? no girl ever wanted me till i was 23, and then suddenly i became a profesional photo model....

Yes, if u are special u get unoticed by the stupid mass.....

Anyway, i am single, u want a footmasage perhaps?? i do it for free !!

You, sir, are my all time favourite.
I have the same thing.
All my friends have boyfriends and I am that one girl in the group that's never had a boyfriend!
It's worse for me as my sister has been dating since she was like 11, and has been in a relationship for three years now, and is only a year older, so all my family are like, so where's your boyfriend and I'm just like awkward laugh.
Reply 19
They might be to timid to move it further themselves, or maybe you accidentally give of the wrong vibes. Try initiating the relationship yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending