The Student Room Group

Which country would you rather live in - North Korea, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Uganda.....

Poll

If you were forced to live in one of these five countries, which would you choose?

Five countries, but only one option.

If you were forced to choose from one of the following five countries, which would you choose to live in? (And don't say "neither" - pretend you were forced to choose one to live in.)

1. North Korea.

2. Zimbabwe.

3. Somalia.

4. Afghanistan.

5. Uganda.

Which would you choose?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If I had money, North Korea. Presuming i'd be a lowly peasant I'd choose Zimbabwe.
Have been to all except Somalia. Uganda should not even be on that list, total outlier.
Reply 3
North Ugamailiweistan.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jamesrobbo1
Have been to all except Somalia. Uganda should not even be on that list, total outlier.

What do you mean? Why?
Original post by Rybee
North Ugamailiweistan.

That's not how it works, Rybee. :colonhash:
Reply 6

How on earth did you go NK? :holmes: I'd say Uganda out of all of the list though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by jreid1994
How on earth did you go NK? :holmes: I'd say Uganda out of all of the list though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uganda has violent uprisings and Ebola. I'd go with Zimbabwe anyday

...unless you prefer Ebola
Reply 8
Zimbabwe is a very nice place better than South Africa IMO
Reply 9

Posted from TSR Mobile

There are a few tours you can go on to NK (obviously heavily restricted and you certainly won't see any labour camps or famine and I believe its quite difficult to get on them), though I did wonder how/why he would have gone to NK or Afghanistan, not saying he's lying, its just they're hardly tourist destinations :s-smilie:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by HumanSupremacist
What do you mean? Why?

Kampala and Entebbe are both thriving cities. People are generally pleased to see tourists. The LRA/Kony lot have been irrelevent for a long time.

N. Korea is generally safe for foreigners.

Somalia WAS an utter anarchy, or as close as any state has come to (in my opinion).

Zimbabwe: You have Mugabe and you never know when he will flip. Inflation is crazy.

Afghanistan: It is obvious, is it not?
Original post by xev bellringer
Uganda has violent uprisings and Ebola. I'd go with Zimbabwe anyday

...unless you prefer Ebola

I like Ebola viruses :smile: blood coming out of every orifice on the body, along with my fingernails falling off and bleeding is on my to do list....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally Northern Ireland should be on that list instead of Uganda
Original post by Olie
There are a few tours you can go on to NK (obviously heavily restricted and you certainly won't see any labour camps or famine and I believe its quite difficult to get on them), though I did wonder how/why he would have gone to NK or Afghanistan, not saying he's lying, its just they're hardly tourist destinations :s-smilie:

You answered that exactly on my behalf, haha thanks. Yes you can go on tours. Contrary to popular belief, its not THAT hard to get on. Unless you are a known journalist (i.e. they can find you easily on net). And I did not get to see any camps or anything...
You answered that exactly on my behalf, haha thanks. Yes you can go on tours. Contrary to popular belief, its not THAT hard to get on. Unless you are a known journalist (i.e. they can find you easily on net). And I did not get to see any camps or anything...

What was it like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bestofyou
Personally Northern Ireland should be on that list instead of Uganda

Hahaha yeah it could be.

If we are going to go on just pure violence rather than pseudostats then you should replace Zimbabwe perhaps by New York? I am not sure what OP is saying with his choice of states...
Reply 16
Zimbabwe, my mum had friends who lubed there and they had a very nice lifestyle!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was it like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The word 'anti-climax' pretty much sums it up. It was interesting but as you said in your post you dont get to see the real DPRK, and although I knew that before going, I still hoped that I would see something. You can see its a poor state but you dont get the sense that its a failed state.
Original post by Aysha97
Zimbabwe, my mum had friends who lubed there and they had a very nice lifestyle!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lubed? Sounds...interesting
The word 'anti-climax' pretty much sums it up. It was interesting but as you said in your post you dont get to see the real DPRK, and although I knew that before going, I still hoped that I would see something. You can see its a poor state but you dont get the sense that its a failed state.

Oh :/ damn it but I'm glad not to hear stuff like "it was horrid, dead in the streets, widespread homelessness deasiese riddled people."

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply