The Student Room Group

Greenhead college students?

Any current or prospective Greenhead college (in Huddersfield, west Yorkshire) students on tsr?

I just got an unconditional for 2013 entry, well happy :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How did you get an unconditional? Never seen that before
Reply 2
Original post by Namige
How did you get an unconditional? Never seen that before

I didn't, my grandmother lied to me :P but I already have 4 A*s and I need five C's, so I'm not far off :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Zain_Patel
I got a conditional offer saying I need a minimum of five C's (including English Language). So yeah, I pretty much have the place. :cool:

I'm not sure if I'm going to go though. All of my freinds are staying on at Heckmondwike Grammar Sixth Form, and I don't know anyone who's going to Greenhead. :frown:

You'll certainly make lots of new friends. You get more freedom at Greenhead than school sixth forms, so that's something to think about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hey, I'm thinking of taking German instead of Economics (I'll definitely be taking four subjects to A2, others will be maths, further maths and physics). In y9 though, my German teacher was terrible and it was my least favourite subject that year, but then we got a new teacher for y10 and y11 and German became one of my favourite subjects! So I know how much a good teacher helps with enjoying and doing well in German. So can anyone say anything about how good the german teachers at greenhead are? Or anything else you like/dislike or whatever, any information to help me make a choice between German and Chemistry really
Reply 5
Original post by PoisonSky
Hey, I'm thinking of taking German instead of Economics (I'll definitely be taking four subjects to A2, others will be maths, further maths and physics). In y9 though, my German teacher was terrible and it was my least favourite subject that year, but then we got a new teacher for y10 and y11 and German became one of my favourite subjects! So I know how much a good teacher helps with enjoying and doing well in German. So can anyone say anything about how good the german teachers at greenhead are? Or anything else you like/dislike or whatever, any information to help me make a choice between German and Chemistry really

I can't speak for German but I can say that Economics is really interesting and fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Can I just say that I can feel the chemistry between you two already, I'm kathrasandra and I'll be coming to Greenhead soon enough when I return to education.

You two bubbas would make a great couple, LOl.

Anyway look forward to seeing you there, coincidantly do any of you know who talk to to get in?

Always perky, Kathz.
Reply 7
Original post by TeenMilf
Can I just say that I can feel the chemistry between you two already, I'm kathrasandra and I'll be coming to Greenhead soon enough when I return to education.

You two bubbas would make a great couple, LOl.

Anyway look forward to seeing you there, coincidantly do any of you know who talk to to get in?

Always perky, Kathz.

This guy knows me personally, he'll be going to Greenhead next year too. He's trying to troll.
Reply 8
This guy knows me personally, he'll be going to Greenhead next year too. He's trying to troll.

haha whats the green head? is it an award? Funny name lol. Also, why are u being mean to this stranger, that's just sexist
Reply 9
Original post by DaHobbit
haha whats the green head? is it an award? Funny name lol. Also, why are u being mean to this stranger, that's just sexist

This guy is also going to greenhead. Although he's gonna bunk off the first week climbing some hill
Reply 10
This guy is also going to greenhead. Although he's gonna bunk off the first week climbing some hill

what? haha green head. has the head teacher got a green head?
Reply 11
Original post by DaHobbit
what? haha green head. has the head teacher got a green head?

No, you were literally there at open evening, you should know that
Hi guys, I've literally just had my last exam at greenhead today so if anyone wants to ask me any questions I can try and answer them for you
Reply 13
Doesn't seem like a lot of people on here are off to greenhead then! :s-smilie: Hmm hopefully I will be! What A levels are you lot planning on doing? :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by jadeey97
Doesn't seem like a lot of people on here are off to greenhead then! :s-smilie: Hmm hopefully I will be! What A levels are you lot planning on doing? :biggrin:

I'm down for maths, further maths, physics and economics, but on the first day I'll ask to change economics to German
doesn't asking to change your A-levels at the first opportunity seem a bit wishy-washy, haha :tongue:
Reply 16
I'm sure there'll be a lot of people wanting to change their subject choices on the first day, that's why they give you a chance to on the first day. I've known I wanted to change to German since April though, so at least I'm pretty sure about my set of subjects now
Reply 17
I'm down for biology, chemistry, health and social care and philosophy. So far I don't want to change mine.
^ that's a better attitude!
Reply 19
Original post by studious96
^ that's a better attitude!

Truth is, I wasn't too sure about the fourth subject at the time of applying, but I had to write something down! I'm completely sure I want to take German now. I think I might not have done as well in GCSE economics anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending