The Student Room Group

Any actual laugh out loud tv shows?

I quite like programmes such as Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, they have interesting light-hearted stories and mildly humourous but barely ever make me actually laugh, like a smile at most and maybe a couple of laughs here and there. Only a few shows have actually made me laugh like Only Fools and Horses or Mr Bean, I dunno if that's just me lol. Any recommendations that you get your gut busting?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Friends. Only show to ever make me laugh out loud :biggrin: The jokes are way better than in TBBT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
The League.
The Office (US) but less so than the other two.
I find a lot of the TV I watch quite funny but only a three shows make me laugh out loud, they're Fawlty Towers, Fresh Meat and Have I Got News For You.

Oh, and Embarrassing Bodies did once but I felt really guilty straight away!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
I'd say Community is the funniest US comedy at the moment. Really doesn't get enough love and is just hilarious.

Peep Show is another if you haven't watched that.

Black Books is another classic that will always get me laughing. I've never met anyone who didn't find it hilarious.
Friends! It took me a while to get used to BBT humour.
Fawlty Towers.
Alan Partridge

IT Crowd
The (US) Office

Frasier

Louie (created by Louis C.K.)
Reply 9
Friends
i do like the original Yes Minister
I got into Modern Family recently and I have found that 'laugh out loud' funny. :yep:
Reply 11
Yes, Minister.
Reply 12
Community! Its American and its hilarious! Well the first 2 series were hilarious, the third one, not so much, but its by far the best comedic TV show out now.
Peepshow, Father Ted, Arrested Development, The US Office, The Office and Derek
Reply 14
Friends
Modern Family
Miranda
:biggrin:
Awkward
Miranda
Not going Out.
Arrested Development, Archer, Bob's Burgers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirRamAlot
I quite like programmes such as Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, they have interesting light-hearted stories and mildly humourous but barely ever make me actually laugh, like a smile at most and maybe a couple of laughs here and there. Only a few shows have actually made me laugh like Only Fools and Horses or Mr Bean, I dunno if that's just me lol. Any recommendations that you get your gut busting?

I LOLed at How TV Ruined Your Life last night, Brooker's shows have so much in them and so many good jokes. Bluestone 42 has some really good moments and shakes the funny bone. Like you, I tend to enjoy and get some good hearty chuckles from BBT, but mostly the older episodes - I found the show drifted a bit as it went on. Lots of shows make me laugh to some extent though.
Reply 19
Community
Parks and Recreation
Arrested Development
Peep Show
The IT Crowd

Community is a must watch, infinitely better in every aspect than these recent, popular US sitcoms such as TBBT, HIMYM etc.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending