The Student Room Group

Why do People Have a Problem with Gay People?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by benq
I respect gay people. For being brave enough to open to society as well as for being strong enough to accept themselves. But it shouldn't be like that. A person shouldn't be brave to be who he/she is. There shouldn't be any pressure about being gay. Why do people even care? I will say why - because majority of people lack tolerance, kindness and wisdom. Especially kindness - only people with darkness in their hearts will hate.

To add a little bit of positive to this not so positive problem:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSlxraqtfGc

If i may ask, what is your view of people who have sex with animals, or engage in incest?
Reply 81
Original post by wardah2
I don't accept it because of religious beliefs and the pure fact that I don't think its 'natural'.

lolwat? If something happens in the natural world it is natural. Homosexual people are NOT created by mankind.
Original post by wardah2
I don't accept it because of religious beliefs and the pure fact that I don't think its 'natural'.

Neither is the computer you are using to spout your bigoted views. :teehee:
Reply 83
Original post by MENDACIUM
If i may ask, what is your view of people who have sex with animals, or engage in incest?

I don't really care nor think about such people and consequently I don't have a view on that matter. Why?
Reply 84
Being gay is natural! Most can't help it, and are really nice people who don't even come across as gay!! Till they joke about it and don't laugh with you!!! Lol, and with those bringing up religion, I have a religion and we actually have books which say where gay men pray, it's natural I say!!! ( they just can't get married I think) lol but I have no problem with them society
Reply 85
I disagree on a number of points you have made here. Firstly, you have assumed that the belief that homosexuality is a choice is only made and influenced by religious extremism and gross ignorance. That is not at all true. The leader of the Human Genome Project , has concluded that "Homosexuality is not hardwired". Test after test show that there is no proof that homosexuality is inbuilt in us or natural.

The truth of the matter is that we are born male or female. We have male or female genital organs and most of the time, an XX or XY chromosone, ect. We are biologically designed to mate with the opposite gender. In fact, every single organ in your body, if you are an atheist, is there through a process of evolution. You exist to procreate and pass your genes on. Every organ in your body exists to maximize this chance.

The very fact we either have male or female genital organs means you are intrinsically designed to mate with the opposite sex. Everyone is 'born' straight.

Human nature and our sentience and free will means we can divert. We have humans who regularly have sex with animals - is that too natural?

Or does it highlight the vast permutations and combinations of sexual practices humans can participate in?

A few failures of your post:
1)Please stop quote-mining Dr. Collins.

Spoiler

2)Not finding a gene only means that homosexuality is not genetic in origin, not that it isn't biological. Therefore a lack of a gene =/= choice.

3)Evolution doesn't only apply if you're an atheist, but that's a matter for another day.

4)Procreation occurs between males and females of the human species. What's your point? Since when is deviation from using our genitals 100% accordingly to its 'intended' function a bad thing? If you think it is, please explain why. Clearly homosexuality on its own does not have any negative health effects - what's it to you?

5)Humans who are sexually attracted to animals have no choice in the matter either. To think they can get a boner when looking at a particularly voluptuous animal at will is ludicrous and I hope I'm mistaking your point here.

I apologise if this isn't the case, but your entire post smells of the appeal to nature fallacy.
Reply 86
Original post by cl_steele
No problem with them persay id rather not see my line broken by one though...

per se*
Original post by zeropoint
I'm gay and "out" and just get on with my life. As much as I can tell, people don't have a problem with gay people. As far as I can tell that's the prevailing consensus in the UK right now.

Just don't bring up a kid and we are good :yy:
Original post by upthegunners
Just don't bring up a kid and we are good :yy:

Why not?
Original post by JoffreyBaratheon
Why not?

Because he will get bullied at school, this may sound harsh towards you, but believe you me, that kid will be bullied sick.
Because he will get bullied at school, this may sound harsh towards you, but believe you me, that kid will be bullied sick.

You could say the same to a heterosexual couple who have a high chance of producing a kid with ginger hair, a kid with a disability or a kid with a different race to the majority at the school.
I'm pretty sure there are most certainly enough straight couples in this world to continue what most people believe to be the "natural" order of this world.

Let bygones be bygones, I don't possibly understand what you love can change you as a person and I'm well aware that this will enter into the whole marrying your parents/siblings but honestly in 100 years it might be acceptable.

(I'm not saying I'm all for marrying your sister ect)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Little different to why institutionalised chattel slavery existed, or why sexism exists, and so on. Because of a profoundly distorted discursive milieu interacting with prevailing power relations, the two of which intertwine to create an ideologically self-legitimating repression. Obviously in this discussion the role of religion requires heavy consideration and criticism (i.e. it should be SMASHED).

That offers no greater justification than if we were to replace the relevant point of bullying from being gay, to any other repressed actor at any other place or time. For example, the same non-argument could replace the word gay with the work 'black', 'female', 'disabled', and so on.

Obviously unreasonable action on behalf of prevailing ideational distortion towards people of lesser percieved status is abysmal justification for culling the person recipient of that injustice, or for demanding them to withhold from reproduction.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mullah.S
Is because they feeling sorry for all the unborn children increasing every time you doing gay sex instead of darwinian sex.

I.e you would not be alive if your parents were gay

Ha, you're funny. People being gay doesn't mean that heterosexuality will suddenly stop.
Reply 95
Original post by member591354
Neither is the computer you are using to spout your bigoted views (natural)

Of course it isn't but what has that got to do with anything?
Original post by ufo2012
Of course it isn't but what has that got to do with anything?

She's appealing to nature, i.e. arguing that if something is unnatural then it is bad.
Why do you feel the need to tell someone who does not believe the practice of homosexuality is a positive thing that they are wrong to hold such a belief?

Firstly, I never said such a thing! I'm merely questioning your beliefs. As a christian, surely you can rise to this?
So, why do you need to tell someone that you disagree with something that they're doing that has no effect on you?
Original post by wardah2
I didn't say it was important to tell them, I simply said if asked I would be honest and I wouldn't hide my views. If it was important to tell them I'd instantly say it as soon as I saw a homosexual and go spreading out abuse, but I don't.

But why do feel you have to tell them you dislike what you're doing? It has no effect on your life.
Reply 99
Original post by wardah2

The prostate, a recognised erogenous zone giving men orgasms equivalent to the female G-spot, is behind the rectum. Stimulation is achieved by anal penetration. The penis is the most natural external object to achieve this, in the same way that it's the most natural external object to achieve vaginal penetration.

Evidently, evolution has come to a point *by natural selection* that men's sperm-producing erogenous zone is located conveniently within the anus in a location which can be found with a penis. Don't bulls*** anyone by saying that's not natural.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending