The Student Room Group

Making your Firm and Insurance Choices: ***FAQ 2013***

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Thankyou for clearing that up for me.Still not 100% sure-I really just want to go to Napier,but ofcourse need to get them grades.
Reply 41
Original post by shutthedoor
Hey :smile:

I applied for universities around 6 months ago, I've already chosen my firm and next week I'm supposed to send them my results (I'm an EU applicant), my status will change into unconditional. Anyways, during the past few months I found another study programme which I'd enjoy doing so much more. It would have to be in another university though. Is there a way to to apply to one more university through Clearing? Or I must have rejected all offers in order to do that?
You need to read through Changing your Mind. The short answer is that you can't go through Clearing unless your firm has released you - and there's no guarantee that the course you want will be in Clearing in any case.
Reply 42
Hi :smile:

I have accepted my firm and insurance choices via UCAS, but I am having a change of heart and want to put my insurance as my firm. I am wondering if it is still possible at this point, and although I am aware that I have to contact UCAS, but I was wondering how I should go about asking to change my insurance to my firm - do I have to contact my unis and request it as well? How should I go about asking for the switchover?

Thanks !
Reply 43
Original post by Pandan
Hi :smile:

I have accepted my firm and insurance choices via UCAS, but I am having a change of heart and want to put my insurance as my firm. I am wondering if it is still possible at this point, and although I am aware that I have to contact UCAS, but I was wondering how I should go about asking to change my insurance to my firm - do I have to contact my unis and request it as well? How should I go about asking for the switchover?

Thanks !
Normally, both unis need to agree to the switch, so you would need to contact them. Contact UCAS first, then the unis. All you need to do is state your request, and have a reason ready in the event that they ask for one.
Reply 44
I got an offer from the five universities i applied to. If i accept two of the five offers, i have to decline the other three offers. If i don't get accepted in both my firm and insurance and enter clearing, can i reapply in clearing to one of the universities that i have declined earlier?
Reply 45
Hi! :smile:

I wanted to choose my firm and insurance choices, but there are currently track issues on the ucas website. If I cannot manage to access by the 6th of June (the date by which I have to answer), will they give me more time, at least until the website is available again, or will it be too late?
Does "By June 6th" include the day itself? Can I reply to my offers during the 6th day of June, Or do I have to reply before June 6th?
Original post by Cindy1994
Hi! :smile:

I wanted to choose my firm and insurance choices, but there are currently track issues on the ucas website. If I cannot manage to access by the 6th of June (the date by which I have to answer), will they give me more time, at least until the website is available again, or will it be too late?

Ucas track should now be available for applicants and you are able to enter decisions. If you are not able to get on tomorrow then contact your university. I assume ucas will have to delay the deadline if the problems continue tomorrow. It has also been down for universities for the last two days which has delayed decisions on that side.
Original post by somewhereOTR
Does "By June 6th" include the day itself? Can I reply to my offers during the 6th day of June, Or do I have to reply before June 6th?

You need to reply by midnight on 6th June so you have all of tomorrow to reply too.
Reply 49
The track deadline for me is 6th of June. However, track is currently not available as maintenance work is taking place. Therefore, what do I do? If I do not reply by tonight will I lose my offers.
Reply 50
Original post by oxymoronic
Ucas track should now be available for applicants and you are able to enter decisions. If you are not able to get on tomorrow then contact your university. I assume ucas will have to delay the deadline if the problems continue tomorrow. It has also been down for universities for the last two days which has delayed decisions on that side.

Thank you very much! I have now managed to enter my decisions :smile:
Original post by Farid1
The track deadline for me is 6th of June. However, track is currently not available as maintenance work is taking place. Therefore, what do I do? If I do not reply by tonight will I lose my offers.

Universities know that there is a problem and you should have recieved an email from ucas today to say that the deadline has been extended. At the moment we don't know until when as it depends on how quickly they can repair track but you will not lose your offers due to this, don't worry.
Reply 52
Original post by oxymoronic
Universities know that there is a problem and you should have recieved an email from ucas today to say that the deadline has been extended. At the moment we don't know until when as it depends on how quickly they can repair track but you will not lose your offers due to this, don't worry.

I have not received an email. Should I receive one. If I should receive one then why have I not if you know.
Original post by Farid1
I have not received an email. Should I receive one. If I should receive one then why have I not if you know.

Have you selected yes to the option of allowing ucas to communicate with you?

I don't know why you haven't recieved an email as I was under the impression that they had contacted everyone but even so, please don't worry, your unis all know that there are problems (and they are experiencing problems too) and your offers will not be declined by default. You will have time to make your decisions when ucas is back online.
Just a quick update on the Track situation, Track is now working again and you can make your choices. If your deadline for replying to offers was June 6th, this has now been extended by one week until June 13th :smile:
Reply 55
In September 2012 i started my ba (hons) textiles in practice at Manchester metropolitan university I didn't enjoy it and wasn't to my exceptions and made an error Then I made a fresh application post january 15th, 2013 entry my first choice was leeds college of art ba (hons) printed textiles and surface pattern design but unfortunately the course is full and oversubscribed and course leader will let me know if there's any places but he said its very unlikely. However I do have a place at birmingham city but I don't like the city but the course is okay involves knit, weaving and embroidery at the start till Christmas while my time at mmu I'm definitely not one of them. I'm 21 years old and I'm feeling old for uni as most of my friends are pretty much graduated now, do I risk clearing? Just in case the leeds have a place Which would mean lose my place at bcu or wait 2014.It's a risk and I really want to go leeds, I can't imagine myself not doing nothing, I pray they will have places aha. Such a fitting course for me however I did email the director of studies at LCA and the email in received back - 'Unfortunately our acceptances of offers we have given this year have been higher than expected which means that we are oversubscribed on the Printed Textiles and Surface Pattern Design, If there are a number of unexpected withdrawals over the Summer period we may come back to you but I think this is unlikely.'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending