The Student Room Group

Major procrastination problem

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I find its usually just making a start that's the most challenging aspect of it all. Usually, the more you do, the better you feel about yourself and you'll find that with progress comes a more fortified work ethic! All the best!
Reply 41
Original post by Nigeyy
I find its usually just making a start that's the most challenging aspect of it all. Usually, the more you do, the better you feel about yourself and you'll find that with progress comes a more fortified work ethic! All the best!

Thanks! I really hope that is the case! Hopefully I just need to get into 'the zone'. I just need to focus my 'addiction' from procrastinating to working. :smile:
Reply 42
Original post by ummm
Hahahahahaha! May as well make the most of it while we can :wink:

May the gods give us strength to survive this

:crossedf:

*sweats furiously*

"TSR I'm going to miss you :cry:"

***** this *****

We gotta do this!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you EVER give up Miss :lol:
Reply 43
Original post by a10
*sweats furiously*

"TSR I'm going to miss you :cry:"

***** this *****

We gotta do this!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you EVER give up Miss :lol:

LOL!!!!

*sobs uncontrollably*

We can do this!!! TSR is going to have to cope without our amazingness for a while... It's for the best :cry2:
Reply 44
Original post by ummm
LOL!!!!

*sobs uncontrollably*

We can do this!!! TSR is going to have to cope without our amazingness for a while... It's for the best :cry2:

We are going to make TSR jealous, that is our goal :moon:
Watching this, to make all your motivational stuff guilt trip me into doing things too. I'm home on Monday, from Tuesday I plan to start. I just find it SO.DAMN.HARD. Ugh
Reply 46
Original post by Funtry
Followed these, and just downloaded StayFocusd, limiting myself to 45 minutes on FB, Twitter, TSR, game sites, YT and anything else like that I use, only keeping my emails and some things like iPlayer and 4oD unblocked for evening TV catch up sessions. This was what I had been looking for for ages before, but could only find paid things, or things on IOS.

I can't thank you enough.

No problem, it's saved my ass a few times now as well :P and yeah, closest I could find to it was Chrome Nanny which is temperamental to say the least :rolleyes:

Good luck! :hugs:
Original post by ummm
That's it. I'm gunna reform my life starting tomorrow. No more of this crap. Enough thinking about it and wishing that I could stop. I have to actually do it.

Excellent decision! Good luck!

ummm
We can do it! It's not too late to do great in our exams if we start working now. We still have plenty of time.

ummm
Yeah!!! Let's do this together. Enough of this crap now. It's just making us depressed. Let's actually do productive things with our lives! Good luck!

ummm
May the gods give us strength to survive this

ummm
Thanks! I really hope that is the case! Hopefully I just need to get into 'the zone'. I just need to focus my 'addiction' from procrastinating to working. :smile:

ummm

Again - good luck! :wink:

Just don't be tempted to reply to this (or any other TSR post, or Facebook, or...) until you feel you've done enough revision to deserve it. And if/when you do reply, tell us how much revision that was :wink:
Reply 48
I've got another suggestion :smile:

a) Start revision with the single most enjoyable topic. Seriously, dig deep to find something you actually find interesting about your course :P Remember you could be doing this for the next few years or even your whole life!
If you get yourself in the mindset that what you're covering is alright really, then the whole thing becomes less of a chore :smile:
b) At some point when you're not at a low ebb (I'd recommend shortly after eating)-set yourself the topic on the single hardest/most boring thing you've got to do. Give yourself a reward for doing it right after so you've got something to work towards, whether it's your favourite TV show, a film, going out with friends, a chapter of a book, whatever. Make it your special time. Here's the tricky part-you can have a break of course, but you cannot have this reward until you've done this task. No exceptions.
Try not to make it exercise because you should be allowed to do that whenever you need to de-stress and especially when you can't be bothered.

This way you classically condition yourself to believe work's good by rewarding yourself for getting through the worst part of the day with the best part :biggrin:

Hope this helps x
Original post by ummm
Argh, I have my A2 exams coming up in June and I'm just struggling to revise. I get so distracted. I've wasted pretty much all day online. How can I stop procrastinating!? It's so bad! :'(

[video="youtube;Xi3aEGo8y-E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi3aEGo8y-E[/video]
Original post by a10
Was that for A2 exams? Pick yourself up bro!! Don't give up.

No this was for AS. So I have 9 exams starting in 3 weeks. Haven't started revising. I can't pick myself up. I'm ****ed

Posted from TSR iPad
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ummm
I completely agree with you! It's gotten worse really. Like lately I haven't even been bothered to do stuff like clean my room or go downstairs to get something out of my bag. It's like... when it hits 6pm I just think "oh, it's fine, I can still do a good solid six hours of work if I really want to"... but then I never end up doing anything. It's just an endless cycle of laziness. :frown:

You'd better get started on the packing! I'm sure you could do it in an hour if you tried. :smile:

Oh dear, you sound exactly like me. The most frustrating thing is that I am fully aware that I'm just making life 10x more difficult for myself, but I simply can't bring myself to do anything productive. I have my Scottish Higher exams (similar to AS level) in May, and whilst I'm only going to be revising 3/5 of my subjects (French and German consists of watching films and listening to music :wink:), I just can't seem to get up my lazy arse and DO IT! The fact that I managed to get relatively good marks in my prelims (mocks) with the bare minimum is also encouraging this laziness, although I know that I can't take any chances for the real exams. Even when I remind myself that the grades I get in these exams will form the basis of my uni applications, it's not enough. Heaven help us. :frown:
Haven help me too

Posted from TSR iPad
Original post by ummm
I completely agree with you! It's gotten worse really. Like lately I haven't even been bothered to do stuff like clean my room or go downstairs to get something out of my bag. It's like... when it hits 6pm I just think "oh, it's fine, I can still do a good solid six hours of work if I really want to"... but then I never end up doing anything. It's just an endless cycle of laziness. :frown:

You'd better get started on the packing! I'm sure you could do it in an hour if you tried. :smile:

Haha I got it done in the end and actually wasn't in bed as late as I feared! Yeah I do the same kinds of things, now I'm back at uni I'm going to have to start going to the library loads to get anything done which is annoying because it would be a lot more comfortable to work in my own home!
Reply 54
OK, but I need to revise a proper sleep routine :P
yourself? :hugs:
This is the story of my life.
Original post by Pavzky
This is the story of my life.

Yup, me too *cries*

Quick Reply