The Student Room Group

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Grade boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by GirlWithADream
Heres to hoping that the Edexcel m1 boundaries are the lowest ever!! :s-smilie:

Hear hear

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Will the FSMQ /Additional Maths grade boundaries be released on the same day as the A level ones?
Original post by bobbricks
Will the FSMQ /Additional Maths grade boundaries be released on the same day as the A level ones?

Tomorrow!
Reply 63
Original post by bobbricks

I can't answer with the exact date, but last year they were released on the 15th of August

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
Reply 64
Original post by joy_to_the_world
Hi, I know this is nothing to do with grade boundaries but i remember from the WJEC thread you mentioned you'd misplaced your paper and i was wondering if by any chance you may have found it or maybe have access to the M2 paper.

I'm aware that WJEC won't release their grade boundaries on Wednesday like other exam boards so i wanted to have a go at predicting my grades.

I'm sorry but I do not have the paper. It is likely that I either never put it in my bag before leaving or that it got lost in another pile of papers (which has probably been thrown away).

Results aren't far away; I'm afraid you'll just have to wait until then.
Original post by Llewellyn
I'm sorry but I do not have the paper. It is likely that I either never put it in my bag before leaving or that it got lost in another pile of papers (which has probably been thrown away).

Results aren't far away; I'm afraid you'll just have to wait until then.

Okay. Thanks :smile:
Original post by venenecinema
Nonsense, for OCR English Literature you need 87-90% raw marks for an A. These are some of the harshest A-Level boundaries in existence as far as I know.

I'm with you on the boundaries for OCR English Literature!

Are you AS or A2? I'm hoping that the boundaries are high because the examiners mark nicely...
Original post by ArtisticFlair
I'm with you on the boundaries for OCR English Literature!

Are you AS or A2? I'm hoping that the boundaries are high because the examiners mark nicely...

I've done the A2. I missed the A at AS by a couple of UMS but thankfully made up for that in the A2 coursework. The boundary for the A is still crazy but fingers crossed.
What stage are you at?

I'm hoping that the marking has been generous, but sadly for English it can be pretty random.
I've done the A2. I missed the A at AS by a couple of UMS but thankfully made up for that in the A2 coursework. The boundary for the A is still crazy but fingers crossed.
What stage are you at?

I'm hoping that the marking has been generous, but sadly for English it can be pretty random.

I've done the AS. I was unofficially told that I got full marks in the coursework (hopefully true!) so I worked out that I can go down to 65% in the exam (but that's still something like 45/60).

The questions were slightly harder than June 2012 and January 2013, so I'm personally hoping that the boundaries are slightly lower... everyone came out of the exam like "How can I agree that Dorian is Lord Henry's temptor?!"
Reply 69
Please OCR and Edexcel. PLEASE be low.

If anyone needs me between now and midnight I'll be in the bathroom vomitting :colonhash:
Reply 70
Grade boundaries for edexcel will be out at midnight?
I've done the AS. I was unofficially told that I got full marks in the coursework (hopefully true!) so I worked out that I can go down to 65% in the exam (but that's still something like 45/60).

The questions were slightly harder than June 2012 and January 2013, so I'm personally hoping that the boundaries are slightly lower... everyone came out of the exam like "How can I agree that Dorian is Lord Henry's temptor?!"

That's really good, the coursework was what I messed up on last year. It's the excuse that everyone makes but I actually had a terrible teacher - my entire class screwed up the coursework. Thankfully we changed teachers and I managed to get full marks this year.

You should be fine for the exam marks - I found that throughout year 12 I was getting fairly mediocre marks in class essays like low As and such, but in the actual exam I did really well. Obviously this could be different for you but I've found in general that most English examiners are more lenient than class teachers. It makes sense since class teachers want to prepare you for the worst and therefore pick up on tiny things.

Original post by Huntx
Grade boundaries for edexcel will be out at midnight?

That's what people have been saying in other threads, don't think it's guaranteed though.
(edited 10 years ago)
That's really good, the coursework was what I messed up on last year. It's the excuse that everyone makes but I actually had a terrible teacher - my entire class screwed up the coursework. Thankfully we changed teachers and I managed to get full marks this year.

You should be fine for the exam marks - I found that throughout year 12 I was getting fairly mediocre marks in class essays like low As and such, but in the actual exam I did really well. Obviously this could be different for you but I've found in general that most English examiners are more lenient than class teachers. It makes sense since class teachers want to prepare you for the worst and therefore pick up on tiny things.

That's what people have been saying in other threads, don't think it's guaranteed though.

Ah well done and good luck with your English! What other A levels do you do?
Ah well done and good luck with your English! What other A levels do you do?

History and Economics - thankfully those are slightly more secure.
How about you?

bit in bold - desperately hoping this is true haha , i sat AS English Language and in class my marks were pretty shockingly bad..
Reply 75
so WJEC don't publish grade boundaries till results day? :s-smilie:
Edexcel confirmed 2someone on twitter that they'll b releasing grade boundaries @ a few minutes past midnight on Thursday....

Hoping its a mistake & they mean midnight 2nit cos they never ever come out that flippen' l8!!!

Good luck everyone!

sorry for being bearer of bad news if it is only gonna be released at midnight thursday...
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by gooner4ever
Edexcel confirmed 2someone on twitter that they'll b releasing grade boundaries @ a few minutes past midnight 2nit!

Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's not tonight.... -_-
Reply 78
I posted this on the main discussion thread, but it actually seems more relevant here:

Monitor grade boundaries:

Use the Page Monitor extension for Chrome. You can set a time interval to monitor any changes to a page then set a custom alert to sound. I've set mine as a siren, loud. You can also monitor as many pages as you like.
This sounds like an advert

Grade boundary pages that you can monitor:
AQA, AQA 2 (unlikely to register)
EDEXCEL, EDEXCEL 2
OCR, OCR 2
Reply 79
Original post by gooner4ever
Edexcel confirmed 2someone on twitter that they'll b releasing grade boundaries @ a few minutes past midnight 2nit!

Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

WHAT?! :confused:
They're releasing a day after everyone else? I hope that's a mistake by them :angry::mad:

Quick Reply

Latest