The Student Room Group

Boyfriend never wants to have sex, tried talking. Doesn't work.

Unless he's drunk that's the only time he really wants it, I can count on one hand the amount of times we've done it in 2 months. He always invites me go stay over, we have a lovely evening together but by the time we go to bed he's always tired. Therefore never wants sex and its really getting me down. I've tried talking to him about it countless times but it doesn't work. If we do end up having sex it's never him who initiates it its always me, and I end up feeling like an idiot when he says no or when we do it and he clearly cba. I've just said to him, what's the point in me staying over, if you go straight to sleep every time and his reply 'I'm tired' and i said I feel rejected and he says he's not rejecting me when he clearly is. I'm lay next to him now, he's asleep and I just feel like getting dressed and going home, I'm on the verge of crying. Because I feel like he doesn't want to have sex with me - it makes me feel horrible. I only stay over once a week, so it's not asking a lot.. Seriously fed up and don't know if I can go on like this. Help please.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
He must be sleeping with another female.
Reply 2
Break up if you are not sexually compatible with him.
Reply 3
Original post by Mr Smurf

What do I do then?
Reply 4
Original post by sharp910sh
He must be sleeping with another female.

That had crossed my mind :/
Reply 5
Original post by Mr Smurf

I don't see how that would make me any happier it's not like I'm after see every night, it's once a week :/ it would be nice for him to make me feel wanted... Can't cope with this feeling tbh I just want to be able to initiate it without feeling stupid and for him to want to do it
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Unless he's drunk that's the only time he really wants it, I can count on one hand the amount of times we've done it in 2 months. He always invites me go stay over, we have a lovely evening together but by the time we go to bed he's always tired. Therefore never wants sex and its really getting me down. I've tried talking to him about it countless times but it doesn't work. If we do end up having sex it's never him who initiates it its always me, and I end up feeling like an idiot when he says no or when we do it and he clearly cba. I've just said to him, what's the point in me staying over, if you go straight to sleep every time and his reply 'I'm tired' and i said I feel rejected and he says he's not rejecting me when he clearly is. I'm lay next to him now, he's asleep and I just feel like getting dressed and going home, I'm on the verge of crying. Because I feel like he doesn't want to have sex with me - it makes me feel horrible. I only stay over once a week, so it's not asking a lot.. Seriously fed up and don't know if I can go on like this. Help please.

It is his right to refuse to have sex as and when he likes for whatever reason he pleases. It is his body and you cannot pressurize him into having sex just because you want to.

Probably your sex drives are incompatible with each other. If you wish, you may be able to see a General Practitioner to ask for libido suppressants for yourself.
Perhaps confront him about the issue? Maybe ask him when he is drunk? He will speak the truth then.
Go to bed earlier so he can't pull that excuse!
Reply 9
Original post by effofex
It is his right to refuse to have sex as and when he likes for whatever reason he pleases. It is his body and you cannot pressurize him into having sex just because you want to.

Probably your sex drives are incompatible with each other. If you wish, you may be able to see a General Practitioner to ask for libido suppressants for yourself.

That's not a helpful reply, I'm not a rapist! Boyfriends are supposed to want to have sex with their girlfriends!
Aphrodisiacs are your friend, girly.
Reply 11
1. He's cheating on you (the bastard! sorry, but this is the most probable reason)

2. He is no longer attracted to you. Maybe you've changed? Have you recently gained weight or changed your hairstyle, etc. ?

3. He is not comfortable with his own sexuality anymore. Maybe he had some sort of recent sexual trauma that has had a psychological effect on him. Or maybe he has changed and is just looking for an excuse not to sleep together because he's embarrassed?

Either way, try talking to him one more time and ask him what the reason is. If he won't even have the balls to admit why he doesn't want to sleep with you, leave him, he is honestly not worth your time!
Reply 12
It seems that he does like sex and does want it, as he loses his reasons not to when he's drunk. I also agree with he may be sleeping with someone else.
He could also be really self-conscious, and is terrified of the thought of anyone seeing him naked, but when he's drunk it doesn't matter?
What do I do then?

Remain friends. You can still hang out and spend time with each other but find a guy that wants to be sexually active with you as a boyfriend.

It sounds like you're essentially just friends at the moment so this seems like a best of both worlds sort of thing.
Original post by juliun
1. He's cheating on you (the bastard! sorry, but this is the most probable reason)

2. He is no longer attracted to you. Maybe you've changed? Have you recently gained weight or changed your hairstyle, etc. ?

3. He is not comfortable with his own sexuality anymore. Maybe he had some sort of recent sexual trauma that has had a psychological effect on him. Or maybe he has changed and is just looking for an excuse not to sleep together because he's embarrassed?

Either way, try talking to him one more time and ask him what the reason is. If he won't even have the balls to admit why he doesn't want to sleep with you, leave him, he is honestly not worth your time!

:ditto:
Reply 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3A29-L-KdU

or he is gay

or he is waiting for you to propose to him
Has he been working a lot lately, maybe he is stressed out.
Personally, I think it's unlikely he's cheating on you, I don't think that would cause him to not want to sleep with you unless he is feeling extremely guilty, in which case he would most likely have confessed by now. I suspect the most likely story is that he has some kind of psychological issue going on at the moment, what that is is obviously extremely hard to say with the very little information you have given. He might be nervous about sleeping with you because he is insecure, because he is worried about you judging him negatively. He may be having personal problems that are troubling him and mean that he just doesn't want to have sex at the moment, and the more you push him the worse it gets. He may also have worries about your relationship that are causing him to push you away and be too frightened to say anything.

My suggestion would be to completely back off and just say to him that you are feeling very hurt by him not wanting to have sex with you, but that you will understand if he just needs some time and to come to you when he's ready. You could also suggest to him that you are happy to listen to anything he's got to say, if he's got any problems etc. Try to talk about other things when you go to bed, see if you can get him talking about the problem without directly asking.

Ultimately though, if you are feeling unsatisfied and he doesn't ever explain the problem, you will have to tell him that you think you should break up, and see if that prompts a change in behaviour. If not, I'd say take some time apart. Only way I'm afraid! You both deserve to be happy and if you're not, you have to change things. Pushing him will only make him more stubborn and make everything worse.
Reply 18
That's not a helpful reply, I'm not a rapist! Boyfriends are supposed to want to have sex with their girlfriends!

Did you actually both agree that it would be a *sexual* relationship when you entered it?

As I said, everyone has the right to refuse to have sex since everyone has autonomy over their own bodies. For example, if someone asks you to have sex with them you also have the right of refusal. They can't legally force you.

Probably your sex drives are incompatible at present. There may be some form of combinatorial drug therapy that both of you can take - e.g. if you both see a General Practitioner he/she may be able to provide you with a mild quantity of libido suppressants and provide your partner with a mild quantity of testosterone supplements such that your sex drives match more closely.
Original post by effofex
Did you actually both agree that it would be a *sexual* relationship when you entered it?

As I said, everyone has the right to refuse to have sex since everyone has autonomy over their own bodies. For example, if someone asks you to have sex with them you also have the right of refusal. They can't legally force you.

Probably your sex drives are incompatible at present. There may be some form of combinatorial drug therapy that both of you can take - e.g. if you both see a General Practitioner he/she may be able to provide you with a mild quantity of libido suppressants and provide your partner with a mild quantity of testosterone supplements such that your sex drives match more closely.

Dude, you are obsessed with drugs. Drugs are so not the answer! :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending