The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Accomodation

Hi guys, I know ur porbly all really fed up of people asking the same questions, but i was wondering if u cud give me sum info.
Wen I visited over the summer for an open day we visited the glen eyre halls. They took us into a room which was called enhanced. I'm basically just wondering if because of the new block (the yellow one), if that room is now wot's called standard. it was in the self catering bit. Its jus cos I liked the size of that room and I'd rather not end up in a small room like sum that we saw.
Can any1 suggest which r the nicer blocks, and also which of the ensuites have the biggest rooms in self catering cos i gota put ensuite down as my 3rd choice!
Cheers everyone!

(I'm doing Maths by the way- any1 doing anythin similar let me kno!)
xx
Reply 1
Because of the new halls Chancellor courts, Or something the room you viewed which would of been called Enhanced will be called 'Standard room with washbasin' If that helps :smile: They've changed it around now as the new block had slightly bigger rooms and so there being called the enhanced room now.
I know what you mean about the size, Im in what was called 'Enhanced' in monte and its nicer than a basic size. Bit more room.
Heres the website - http://www.accommodation.soton.ac.uk/ should have info on the halls. If you want to go to glen eyre then Hartley grove I've heard is very nice for ensuite as its south hill. (Both self catered).
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey thanks.
One more thing, on the online application form when it asks for additional info and stuff like that are ou supposed to write what kind of person you are- a bit lke a personal statement?
Reply 3
Hmm Supose so, I should think if it hasnt asked before include also if your a smoker, Maybe religious preferences, generally if your a quiet person etc..

Latest

Trending

Trending