The Student Room Group

New Kent Youth Crime Commissioner posts offensive tweets

Scroll to see replies

I disagree with these crime commissioners altogether, I think they are a massive waste of money but if they really do have to appoint a youth commissioner was she seriously the best they could find? Blaming her tweets on the fact she was young and naive beggars belief, as if the media didn't need more ammunition to criticize the "yoof of today".
Reply 41
So, a teenager posted some offensive stuff on twitter a few years back. Why should I care? Why is this news? So, a 17 year old commissioner is not perfect and is just as human and flawed as the rest of us. Slow news day.
Reply 42
Original post by navarre
So, a teenager posted some offensive stuff on twitter a few years back. Why should I care? Why is this news? So, a 17 year old commissioner is not perfect and is just as human and flawed as the rest of us. Slow news day.

She's just stepped down too. The media pressure was probably too much. I hate the paparazzi and media. Scum bags the lot of em. I'd love to punch one.

No 17 year old should have to put up with that. Still a kid.
Reply 43
Original post by datpiff
She's just stepped down too. The media pressure was probably too much. I hate the paparazzi and media. Scum bags the lot of em. I'd love to punch one.

No 17 year old should have to put up with that. Still a kid.

If you accept the job of a police commissioner, however unimportant it may be, you are still expected to be able to withstand public scrutiny. It's not like she's just a random 17 year old, dude, get a life.

Personally I think that at that age 98% of people are still too immature to handle anything of importance, so the whole circus with "youth commissioners" is a load of rubbish, you don't need to employ a 17 year old to understand how teenagers think and act.
She cries too much, it seems like she's doing it to get people on her side. I could never see a need for a youth PCC anyway, as the above poster said you don't need a 17 year old to understand what a 17 year old thinks about policing.

A youth PCC who is so short-sighted as to not shut off Twitter and Facebook when they've posted pretty immature things shouldn't work in politics. At least have one private Twitter and one professional one, for gods sake. She should've been told that tabloids are going to scrutinise every single aspect of her life.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Original post by Theflyingbarney
To play devil's advocate, the tweets were written when she was 14-16 and she only accepted the PCC role at 17. Not trying to justify those kind of comments, but if we judge everybody retrospectively on all their actions, we don't give them any opportunity to better themselves.

Have you heard her excuses though? It's full of lies and you're wrong they weren't all from 14-16.

So what about drinking in work and messing around and boasting it's the easiest job ever?

I worked full time for a few years before starting uni, I have never had a problem with taxpayers money going to students for any reason, but what infuriates me more than anything are all these lazy office workers funded by the taxpayers. If you haven't noticed, recently attacks on these leeches has increased, you have no idea of the level of corruption and laziness that goes on in these places, whilst everyone is out working they're sat in offices drinking cups of tea, reading Facebook and staring out the window at someone working in the rain with a sly grin on their face. Trust me, in a few years you will feel the hate shared by so many when you are working hard and actually earn your wage.
Reply 46
She has quit. I would urge Kent to get rid of the post.
Reply 47
Original post by Pandabär
What annoys me is the idea that 'oh , all teenagers are like this', because I can safely say that at 17, I didn't post anything that could be seen as homophobic, racist or about drug taking. I also applied for UCAS at exactly this age and KNEW to set my facebook to 'private'- I can't believe she didn't think people would read her Twitter page? :confused:

Describing it as acceptable and even warranted because she was 'showing off' is strange too, as some of the tweets are pretty vile. How can you 'show off' about that? :confused:

I spend a lot of time in Kent, and as a 'youth' myself, I do not feel she represents me. I feel a bit sorry for her, as she's clearly in way over her head- I just can't believe she's the best Kent has to offer.

It's wrong so many teenage girls get stereotyped by the old farts. Granted, she does look like a cardboard cutout of a lot girls right across the country, but it's far from "all teenagers". Besides, be proud of not being in this category, the opposite sex prefer it (unless they're the sunbed go-to-gym-5-times-a-week type).
How did someone like her acquire such a position within the police she is nowhere near competent enough to represent the good and hard working youths.
Reply 49
Original post by CEKTOP
If you accept the job of a police commissioner, however unimportant it may be, you are still expected to be able to withstand public scrutiny. It's not like she's just a random 17 year old, dude, get a life.

Personally I think that at that age 98% of people are still too immature to handle anything of importance, so the whole circus with "youth commissioners" is a load of rubbish, you don't need to employ a 17 year old to understand how teenagers think and act.

You didn't need to add the 'get a life part'

Many young people at that age are unable to handle that sort of pressure. I agree on the immature part. I should know. I'm a youth worker.

Kent SHOULD get rid of that post and get back to the drawing board. They could have at least consulted with professionals who work with young people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
Strong tweets lol'd hard.

How the hell can you even appoint a 17 year old as a youth crime commissioner? Nice waste of tax payer's resourced and money and lolling hard that she still has her job WTF?! :lolwut:
Reply 51
I'm not surprised she slept alone after a party.. I mean.. Look at her...
Reply 52
Original post by CodeJack
I'm not surprised she slept alone after a party.. I mean.. Look at her...

Lol insult away, but I know you'd do her. Don't lie. You would.

She kinda looks like Adele lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wonder if she'll sue for constructive dismissal. I guess you can't if you've not been in the job long.

Could've added another infuriating twist to the tail.
Reply 54
Original post by datpiff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Her facial features look like they're floating around her face.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/09/article-2306335-193316C5000005DC-411_634x469.jpg

5 seconds after this photo was taken her eyes had sunk to where her cheeks are.
Reply 55
Original post by datpiff

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I honestly wouldn't, maybe if I was single and hadn't had sex for years.
Reply 56
Original post by Creat0r
Her facial features look like they're floating around her face.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/04/09/article-2306335-193316C5000005DC-411_634x469.jpg

5 seconds after this photo was taken her eyes had sunk to where her cheeks are.

Haha seriously this is who she reminds me of in that picture: http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/6780/28479834_.jpg
Reply 57
Original post by CodeJack
Haha seriously this is who she reminds me of in that picture: http://content.internetvideoarchive.com/content/photos/6780/28479834_.jpg

Here's an actual picture of her dad 5 minutes after she told him she got the job.

http://www.pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/29927598974.jpg
Reply 58
That's what happens when you set up a trashy TOWIE-wannabee lookalike to represent a generation. Nothing about her is representative of the best of our generation. Trash is as trash does in my opinion. She should be sacked, and someone suitable put in her place, if indeed the post is filled again after this fiasco.
Reply 59
she was like 13/14 when she made those comments, still not an excuse though and they should of done a thorough background check before hiring her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending