The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham or University of Loughborough?

Hey so I'm deciding between Birmingham or Loughborough as to which to put as my firm and I'm finding it really hard to decide!!

Birmingham
Pros
- Big city
- Good nightlife
- Respected Uni
- Campus uni so nice community feel

Cons
- Risky that I might not get in because I need AAB and my predicted is ABB and I think I will get ABB so i'm kinda relying on them taking me with ABB :colondollar:
- Not to sound rude but kinda worried the people that go there might be a bit stuck up (only purely on what I've heard) but surely there will be a mixture of students at both those unis:confused:

Loughborough
Pros
- Not as much of a risk to get in- safer option
- Campus Uni so nice community feel
- Good student's union
- More guys than girls..

Cons
- Small town not much there
- I live in Nottingham so its not that far from home and preferably I'd like to go further away and experience a different place

Could anyone help me with what to do please!!
I'll either put Birmingham as a firm then Loughborough as an Insurance
Or Loughborough as a firm and Sheffield Hallam as an insurance (although I don't really want to go there :rolleyes:)

Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by SJH128

- Risky that I might not get in because I need AAB and my predicted is ABB and I think I will get ABB so i'm kinda relying on them taking me with ABB :colondollar:

This is what a firm and insurance is for.

Original post by SJH128

I'll either put Birmingham as a firm then Loughborough as an Insurance
Or Loughborough as a firm and Sheffield Hallam as an insurance (although I don't really want to go there :rolleyes:)

You've answered your own question.

Quick Reply

Latest