The Student Room Group

Lost ACCA place after criminal conviction

Hi guys,

I know someone who was recently convicted for assault and has now had his place on the ACCA course revoked. Is there any way round it at all?
Original post by LailaJay
Hi guys,

I know someone who was recently convicted for assault and has now had his place on the ACCA course revoked. Is there any way round it at all?

No, because its part of certain FSA guidelines the "fit and proper test". He wouldn't be able to practice. You could technically appeal, but assault is very serious if it was minor they would have given him a caution and yeah it would have been fine. But he's been convicted.
(edited 10 years ago)
Unfortunately he is probably done for. Is this the only incident on his record? The fact it's recent and a serious assault doesn't bode well.
Reply 3
Apparently a few years back someone went out celebrating after passing their ACA case, got drunk and ended up naked in a fountain somewhere in london.

Kicked out of the ICAEW within a week, ouch!
Original post by M1011
Apparently a few years back someone went out celebrating after passing their ACA case, got drunk and ended up naked in a fountain somewhere in london.

Kicked out of the ICAEW within a week, ouch!

I heard this from one of my college tutors for the ACA but wasn't sure if it was just a 'scare story' or not!

Although the one we heard was a slight variant on that, being that the guy urinated in said fountain and shouted loudly to all and sundry that he was ACA qualified now. Some passer by reported him to the ICAEW!

Again not sure if it was just a fable to get us to make sure we didn't get too drunk after the exams :tongue:

Quick Reply