The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5400
Original post by Ess R Kay
yeh same course and I'm a bit confused how they're working tbh because i've noticed one of the users has posted that he's been rejected for the course, meaning they've replied to him even though he applied half a month later than me ?

What does this mean? anyone know, is it good or bad that im having to wait longer than those who applied later than me? even though i know how unpredictable LSE are im still not sure lol

But all in all, i wish the best of luck for everyone applying and those that have an offer!

don't worry, I haven't heard back since mid October. there is still hope as long as we are still in the game, so just hang in there. what subjects do you do by the way?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Does anyone know wether they will hand out offers this week as it is half term?
Reply 5402
Original post by ida3388
did you apply for econ and econ history? I do math, FM, econ and physics so I am ****ed!

Yup, econ and econ history.
Hi, I applied to lse for history and I received yesterday the 4 week email saying that I'm one of the strongest applicants in my admissions cycle, and I didn't receive any rejection last Friday like some people here. Does that mean that I'm still in the game and that the next time they'll contact me I'll get an answer?
Reply 5404
Original post by alexnussle
Hi, I applied to lse for history and I received yesterday the 4 week email saying that I'm one of the strongest applicants in my admissions cycle, and I didn't receive any rejection last Friday like some people here. Does that mean that I'm still in the game and that the next time they'll contact me I'll get an answer?

Most likely yes, although you can't expect them to keep to their word regarding the four weeks. Many have gone far over their deadlines without answers.
Original post by Marhju
Most likely yes, although you can't expect them to keep to their word regarding the four weeks. Many have gone far over their deadlines without answers.

Thanks! just also I'm a bit confused, does lse have different stages in the dmissions process? like they send answers progressively until they've all been sent?
Original post by C7jnr
Does anyone know wether they will hand out offers this week as it is half term?

lse haven't got half term at the moment though, so I don't see why they wouldn't reply this week.
Original post by oatsandraisins
lse haven't got half term at the moment though, so I don't see why they wouldn't reply this week.

I know quite a few university that have half term so I assumed LSE would aswell, guess i could be getting rejected this week after all then.
Reply 5408
Original post by alexnussle
Thanks! just also I'm a bit confused, does lse have different stages in the dmissions process? like they send answers progressively until they've all been sent?

Well, they have a number if different mails you get depending on what stage in the process you are and how good your application is. There's 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 and 12-week mails as far as I have seen. But after you have recieved one mail you can receive another one after the deadline has passed. However, as they are approaching their big deadline of 31st of March, one can hope that they'll speed up their decisions. :wink:
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Back to topic. Anyone got anything from government and economics?

Yup! Govt and Econs offer holder here. I heard back quite a while ago, though, in late November. Good luck :smile:
Thursday again, good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5411
Got offer here for Econ!!!!!!Finally!!!!!!!!!!

about half an hour ago, applied on 11th Oct.
Yeyyy! Finally ,after this long wait I've got an offer from LSE today! Applied on 14th of October.
Offer is A*(Maths)AA Alevel + A(in AS Further Maths) +English qualification .
Offer is quite high , but I am still very happy ! Was rejected from Cambridge after being pooled, so LSE was my second/first choice. Got an offer from UCL us well, but more want to go to LSE!!!
Good luck to anyone who is waiting for their offers :smile:
Reply 5413
Original post by maximal96
Yeyyy! Finally ,after this long wait I've got an offer from LSE today! Applied on 14th of October.
Offer is quite high , but I am still very happy ! Was rejected from Cambridge after being pooled, so LSE was my second/first choice. Got an offer from UCL us well, but more want to go to LSE!!!

Are you doing Economics too or something different? :smile:
Original post by di_1996
Got offer here for Econ!!!!!!Finally!!!!!!!!!!

about half an hour ago, applied on 11th Oct.

Congratulations! I applied for the same course but on 14th November and tomorrow is my deadline for the 4 week email. If you don't mind, what were your GCSE, AS and A2 predicted grades? And also, what stage of the email process were you at?

For what course?
Original post by bechutch
Are you doing Economics too or something different? :smile:

Sorry, Yes it is straight Econ.
Sorry, Yes it is straight Econ.

Congratulations man! If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSE, AS and A2 predicted grades? And what stage of the email process were you at?
Original post by season1209
Congratulations man! If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSE, AS and A2 predicted grades? And what stage of the email process were you at?

Thanks! np, my GCSE's are 7A*3A and a C in English lang. (that is why I need to do english qualification I think +I am newcomer) For my AS I've got 4As + A*in Russian A-level, For A2 I've got predicted 3A* and an A in FM.
I was on my 4 weeks till final decision one, but i think 4 weeks have been overdue like 3 weeks ago :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5418
Original post by season1209
Congratulations! I applied for the same course but on 14th November and tomorrow is my deadline for the 4 week email. If you don't mind, what were your GCSE, AS and A2 predicted grades? And also, what stage of the email process were you at?

For what course?

I am international applicants so I did iGCSE and got 3A*2B (B in English as first language just met the language requirement) and my AS grade is 1A*( I finished my AL math in one year) 2a and 1b (I screwed up my Chemistry and also because of my school time table I dropped it to take FM)
My predicted grade is 3A* in Physics Econ and FM.

My grades aren't that good...Still can't believe I got it, but I did put a lot effort on my PS.

For the stage of emails, this is the 4th weeks after 4 weeks email (strongest one) deadline...so, hold on that hope!

Good luck!!! Hope this helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
9.49am today - GOT MY OFFER FOR GOVERNMENT!!! Applied on 17th December - got the 7 week email exactly a month later and is a day away from having been 5 weeks today :smile:
Anyone who wants to see my grades, i posted them on the LSE stalker thing :smile:

Quick Reply