The Student Room Group

Driveland driving school.

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by HopefulMidwife
I was with AA but wanted to try a new instructor for financial and personal reasons.

Yeah, let me just say I'm going back to my old instructor. Would not recommend.

Wow small world.

>Be me

> Log into tsr after like a month

> Bored

>wonder if she has more pictures?

>Check her profile

>Driveland Driving School?

>The same Driveland Driving School situated on Langham Road?!

> My face when the one girl I randomly chose to take a peek at
her profile uses the driving school situated on the road that I live on.

So yeah will probably see you around lol.

Umm if you're not completely creeped out by my admission that I randomly stalked your profile, would you mind telling me why you wouldn't recommend them? I was going to block-book with them recently but was still on the fence.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Hahahaha 4chan fan, I see?

I WOULD NOT recommend block booking with them. The car was old, dirty and crap. The instructor was late and chose to drive all the way around to my house, AFTER me seeing him and telling him I was coming, instead of just doing a turn in the road :/ he then proceeded to blab on about driving test myths like 'don't take your test on a Friday because they don't pass people on Fridays'. Was less like a lesson and more like £42 down the drain. Never again.

Again, I must reiterate - the car was DIRTY, old and I don't think it even had power steering. The brakes were bloody crap too. Foot to the floor before it even stopped :/

Thanks btw :wink:

Yeah I spend too much time on 4chan lol

I've seen the car parked outside and it does look pretty bad. Also he was trying to push me to use Wood Green test centre; I've heard that's the worst in the entire country. I sure know how to pick them. My last one was these clowns called Bill Plant who took £56 for 5 lessons, gave me one then disappeared with the money. I hope you have better luck.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
I'm with Bill Plant and AA. I haven't had a problem with Bill Plant. Remember. they're self employed and just pay for the franchise. So you can't blame Bill for the actions of one instructor. You should have (assuming you didn't) called Bill Plant and told them.

Yeah, I didn't like Driveland. I'm basically being a hypocrite lol, but whatevs. And yeah, forget taking the test in Wood Green! I'm taking mine in Enfield.

I guess so. The guy said he was in a motorbike accident, that was his excuse. I did call Bill Plant, it took them 3 months to track him down!

Didn't know they had one in Enfield, that's useful. I asked the driveland guy and he was telling me about driving centres in Hendon -_-
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Oh gosh.

And lol! I tried the Hendon test centre last week (at my own request). Done a mock test there. It was hard lol.

Have you tried anywhere else? If so, where was easiest?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
I done Enfield as well. Not easy, perse, but just stuck with it. I usually drive around there anyway so I'm getting used to it.

Same, I know the roads in Enfield pretty well. Not so much Hendon. Thanks for the info :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by peter12345
Yeah I spend too much time on 4chan lol

I've seen the car parked outside and it does look pretty bad. Also he was trying to push me to use Wood Green test centre; I've heard that's the worst in the entire country. I sure know how to pick them. My last one was these clowns called Bill Plant who took £56 for 5 lessons, gave me one then disappeared with the money. I hope you have better luck.

Wood Greens Not that bad, I passed today 2nd attempt 4 Minors, 2 stalling 1 clutch 1 tell me question. People usually use stats to judge the test centre but if you are confident you can do this, and are a sensible driver than you will pass with flying colours. I would of passed first test but, got failed for putting my handbrake on, on give ways. Any ways at least i've passed. Good luck on yours!!
Reply 12
Original post by Dahir
Wood Greens Not that bad, I passed today 2nd attempt 4 Minors, 2 stalling 1 clutch 1 tell me question. People usually use stats to judge the test centre but if you are confident you can do this, and are a sensible driver than you will pass with flying colours. I would of passed first test but, got failed for putting my handbrake on, on give ways. Any ways at least i've passed. Good luck on yours!!

It was voted the worst in the UK.
Reply 13
Original post by peter12345
It was voted the worst in the UK.

I know its got the worst pass rate in the UK... LOL? Dont worry though you will pass if you dont get too confident or too nervous if that makes sense Bro:wink:
Reply 14
Original post by Dahir
I know its got the worst pass rate in the UK... LOL? Dont worry though you will pass if you dont get too confident or too nervous if that makes sense Bro:wink:

But i also heard that in Enfield or Chingford you are more likely too pass and they got women examiners..Nice!!
Reply 15
dont believe the hype.. i was with driveland, had a perfect test, apparently i hit a kerb so the examiner said when he failed me, but i didnt even feel it.. was told then about what some people here dont believe is true.. but wood green is the worst test center.. you can fail before you turn up

Quick Reply