Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

How to remember a French essay in a night HELPP SOS! Pleaseee

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So as you can tell by the title I have a French controlled assessment and I need to remember 377 words in one night are there any tips to remember the text?? my test is tomorrow and I've been trying to remember the text but it just hasn't seemed to work 😫heeeepplll I'm dead my test is tomorrow
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get off TSR and start learning?

Repeat it to yourself over and over, write and rewrite.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    How far can you remember?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had to do this once upon a time, and I left it later you. Just read the first sentence, repeat it in your head couple times. Read the next sentence, repeat the first two lines a couple of times in your head and continue this way. Later on you may need to repeat it in your head more than a couple of times, but you'll begin to kinda develop cues so you remember it more easily.

Also split it up into paragraphs that you remember separately it's much easier, coloured flash cards worked for me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys xxx and I remember most of it like 80% of it but the problem is that if I forget one word then I forget the whole sentence and thanks again I've been revising for a week but I don't remember things easily, it's like I have the brain of a goldfish lol xxx
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frog.)
    Thanks guys xxx and I remember most of it like 80% of it but the problem is that if I forget one word then I forget the whole sentence and thanks again I've been revising for a week but I don't remember things easily, it's like I have the brain of a goldfish lol xxx
    I can't imagine you'd be penalised too harshly if you needed to take a moment to remember, if you forgot a word out loud would you still be able to get back to where you were in your head?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think and hope so and thank you so much i feel a lot more confident thank you 😊
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frog.)
    I think and hope so and thank you so much i feel a lot more confident thank you ������
    No problem, I remember revising for spoken exams and it was awful but to be honest I'd struggle to remember that much in English and examiners don't WANT to fail people.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 8, 2013
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.