The Student Room Group

Question for current Peninsula medical students

Hello,

A question to current clinical year students at Peninsula.

I am currently a third year medical student at Peninsula.

I was hoping someone would be able to give me some advice on how best to prepare for the AMK exam. This is my weakest point in the course and I seem to either only just about pass or get a borderline.

I am doing fine in the other clinical modules and SSU and PBL.

Do you have any advice on how best to tackle this exam? What resources to use, which topics to mainly focus on, etc.? Are there any specific sites or books that can help me.

Ideally, I would like to aim for around 40% as this is supposed to be a good mark in third year.

Any advice from 3rd, 4th or 5th (or even past) students would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Original post by Holmes1234
Hello,

A question to current clinical year students at Peninsula.

I am currently a third year medical student at Peninsula.

I was hoping someone would be able to give me some advice on how best to prepare for the AMK exam. This is my weakest point in the course and I seem to either only just about pass or get a borderline.

I am doing fine in the other clinical modules and SSU and PBL.

Do you have any advice on how best to tackle this exam? What resources to use, which topics to mainly focus on, etc.? Are there any specific sites or books that can help me.

Ideally, I would like to aim for around 40% as this is supposed to be a good mark in third year.

Any advice from 3rd, 4th or 5th (or even past) students would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

What do you do now to prepare? What is you knowledge like when you are asked questions on the wards?
Reply 2
Original post by carcinoma
What do you do now to prepare? What is you knowledge like when you are asked questions on the wards?

In terms of prep I do regular passmedicine questions and have a "study diary" which circulates through the different specialties.

When it comes to wards, I can deduce answers well when asked, but I just feel that preparing for the ward and the AMK are very different
Reply 3
??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending