The Student Room Group

The most interesting Thatcher article.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/09/russell-brand-margaret-thatcher

People obviously have varying opinions on her, personally I'm not on the Thatcherite bandwagon, but I think even those who are might find this an interesting read, and more clearly expressed than other recent anti-thatcher articles. I was especially surprised seeing as I think Russell Brand is often style over substance when he writes but here he seems to get his point across really well.
Reply 1
To the people saying 'Thatcher is a mother' as if that somehow means we should be kinder:

Her children are a war criminal arms dealer and a racist. I don't see why they deserve any sympathy either.
Reply 2
Original post by halbeth
To the people saying 'Thatcher is a mother' as if that somehow means we should be kinder:

Her children are a war criminal arms dealer and a racist. I don't see why they deserve any sympathy either.

I'm not particularly sympathetic towards them personally but you have to feel sorry for anybody brought up by that - whether from a societal point of view or from a biological/family point of view, anybody produced by that woman doesn't stand a chance.
Reply 3
Whoop, he mentions the Temple.

Good article.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending