The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE: Biology Unit 1 [05/06/13] & Physics Unit1 [13/06/13] Exams

Hello everyone, (I'm new here:h:) I'm taking my B1 and P1 exam this summer and I'm quite nervous. Do you have any revision tips that you would like to share? Please feel free to reply! At the moment I've been revising for both subjects by doing their specimen papers and any past exam paper I could find. I'm trying to see what type of question comes up the most or is the most repetitive (I hope you know what I mean). I took my C1 in January and I passed it and I really want to pass both of my B1 and P1 too :frown: :eek:
I did these last summer! What really helped me were the CGP revision guides. I used these to make revision sheets/flash cards etc. Like you I kept on doing all the past papers, that's the best way to see what kind of questions you are going to be asked. Good luck!:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by annabeleleanor
I did these last summer! What really helped me were the CGP revision guides. I used these to make revision sheets/flash cards etc. Like you I kept on doing all the past papers, that's the best way to see what kind of questions you are going to be asked. Good luck!:smile:

Thank you! I have the CGP revision guides too, aha they're really useful aren't they? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
A bit late, but oh well....the exam is on Wednesday....any ideas on whats coming up??
Original post by StudentHLe
Hello everyone, (I'm new here:h:) I'm taking my B1 and P1 exam this summer and I'm quite nervous. Do you have any revision tips that you would like to share? Please feel free to reply! At the moment I've been revising for both subjects by doing their specimen papers and any past exam paper I could find. I'm trying to see what type of question comes up the most or is the most repetitive (I hope you know what I mean). I took my C1 in January and I passed it and I really want to pass both of my B1 and P1 too :frown: :eek:

You only need to pass?! Like get a C grade? Ha! You don't need to revise to do that. You should set yourself higher targets.
Reply 5
Original post by StudentHLe

just did the b1 exam today. how did you find it?
Reply 6
Original post by zaynah2k

It was OK....but really unexpected, all previous papers were easier...nothing on the Menstrual cycle or IVF.....it was logical, but the graph questions were annoying....and the last page didnt make sense...what do you think grade boundaries are
Reply 7
Original post by zaynah2k

Did not like the ignaz Semmelweis questions and the drugs question :frown:
how did you find it?
Reply 8
Hope the exam went well for everyone. What did you guys put in for the two ways other than improvement in hygiene that might have resulted in lower deaths in moderns hospitals?
Reply 9
more medical resources, but i couldn't work out other one:colondollar:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by ChloeBx
Did not like the ignaz Semmelweis questions and the drugs question :frown:
how did you find it?

umm, I found it the hardest out of bio chem and physics and thought it was harder than jan 2013. I agree with you about the ignaz semmelweis questions, but I thought there were too many graph questions
Reply 11
Original post by y.arora
It was OK....but really unexpected, all previous papers were easier...nothing on the Menstrual cycle or IVF.....it was logical, but the graph questions were annoying....and the last page didnt make sense...what do you think grade boundaries are

yeah I was annoyed because I revised the menstrual cycle stuff a lot, and it was different to the past papers. well I would think that for an A* it should be low 40's maybe high 30's, it was 42 for jan13 but I think this one was harder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending