The Student Room Group

Offer conditional on GCSE, results day?

I am taking 3 alevels and a GCSE subject, my offer is AAB at a level and a grade B in GCSE English,

on A level results day, will I find out whether I have gotten into university, or will I have to wait until GCSE results day?
Reply 1
Probably the GCSE results day. Unlucky!
You'll have to wait until GCSE results day :yes:
Reply 3
Where did you apply to?? Cos I'm thinking of applying to Oxbridge and even though I'm doing my a levels now, I still have to complete an igcse to get matric exemption in my country. How many gcse's do you have??
Reply 4
Original post by thando684
Where did you apply to?? Cos I'm thinking of applying to Oxbridge and even though I'm doing my a levels now, I still have to complete an igcse to get matric exemption in my country. How many gcse's do you have??

Cardiff, but I had a grade C English, and I needed a grade B :smile:
Just one extra bit of advice :

If you miss your offer A level grades then dont wait for the GCSE result - immediately phone the Uni and check if they will still accept you on these lower grades if you do get the required GCSE result.

There is no point waiting for a GCSE result if you are going to be rejected anyway. If you wait for that, you will miss the first opportunities in Clearing. If the Uni wont accept your lower A grades then ask to be rejected now so you can either still pick up your Insurance or go straight into Clearing. Otherwise, some Unis will still wait for your GCSE result day to drop you.
Omd, you could have actually answered my problem with that advice, will ring the uni asap! Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending