The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Goldsmith Court or Victoria Hall?!?!

Hi guys, I'm booking my accommodation tomorrow I hope but I'm still sooo stuck on where to choose between Goldsmith Court and Victoria Hall!! Where does everyone think is best? I'm so indecisive that I just can't pick between the two and need some helppppppp! Thanks! :smile: xx
Reply 1
Was in the same boat as you haha! But I've gone for Goldsmith, the furniture looks cool aha and the bathroom in VH en suites look a little smaller than goldsmith. & not too mention its a minute away from the law school, what u applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Eeeek, its so confusing! I'm going to have to have a good think about it tomorrow I think! I have applied for veterinary nursing which is actually on a campus about 14 miles from the city, but I've decided I would rather live in the city and bus to the other campus, feel like I would be missing too much living in the country campus! Haha :smile: what about you? Law I take it from you saying its close to the law school? Ha :smile: xx
Reply 3
Original post by filsan123
Was in the same boat as you haha! But I've gone for Goldsmith, the furniture looks cool aha and the bathroom in VH en suites look a little smaller than goldsmith. & not too mention its a minute away from the law school, what u applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey cutie i go to a much better uni than nott. trent meaning i'll be much richer when you graduate, do you want to hook up?
Reply 4
Original post by htc one s
hey cutie i go to a much better uni than nott. trent meaning i'll be much richer when you graduate, do you want to hook up?

hahahaha Filsan!
Reply 5
Original post by Yasmin xo
hahahaha Filsan!

LOOL haha as if!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by jesspenge
Eeeek, its so confusing! I'm going to have to have a good think about it tomorrow I think! I have applied for veterinary nursing which is actually on a campus about 14 miles from the city, but I've decided I would rather live in the city and bus to the other campus, feel like I would be missing too much living in the country campus! Haha :smile: what about you? Law I take it from you saying its close to the law school? Ha :smile: xx

Ohh right yeah I get what you mean, an yeah I think the city's more lively :biggrin: ahh that's nice and yeah hopefully Law :smile: Good luck on deciding xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Ohh right yeah I get what you mean, an yeah I think the city's more lively :biggrin: ahh that's nice and yeah hopefully Law :smile: Good luck on deciding xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

When you booked Goldsmith did you get any choice of like where you are or who you're with? It's probably my fave but really want to be with freshers and like normal students haha
Reply 8
Original post by AliW23
When you booked Goldsmith did you get any choice of like where you are or who you're with? It's probably my fave but really want to be with freshers and like normal students haha

aha yee I know what u mean, hope they put freshers together :tongue: ohh and not really they have an option on the type of room e.g. en suite or studio flat and if you know anyone you might want to be with
Reply 9
aha yee I know what u mean, hope they put freshers together :tongue: ohh and not really they have an option on the type of room e.g. en suite or studio flat and if you know anyone you might want to be with

Haha okay sounds good, ill deffo be going for goldsmiths (unless I go for uni-run halls) gotta choose this weekend haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by AliW23
Haha okay sounds good, ill deffo be going for goldsmiths (unless I go for uni-run halls) gotta choose this weekend haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha alrightioo :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Hi guys, I'm booking my accommodation tomorrow I hope but I'm still sooo stuck on where to choose between Goldsmith Court and Victoria Hall!! Where does everyone think is best? I'm so indecisive that I just can't pick between the two and need some helppppppp! Thanks! :smile: xx

Hi! :smile:

I'm currently in my third year at NTU and I just wanted to let you know that I lived in Victoria Hall in my first year. Whilst it's a perfectly good place to live I myself didn't really like it.

Some of the staff are quite uptight and don't really care about you as an individual. For example, I was once showering in the morning and the staff let themselves into my room and walked into the bathroom to inspect it without even bothering to knock. Being a guy I don't really care if they saw me naked but I can imagine what that might be like for a guy who is more sensitive, or even a female.

Also, when it came to in-house disputes (i.e. My flatmates smoking indoors, leaving ashes in all the mugs, never taking out the bins...) they were next to no help whatsoever. Even after I went to hospital with stage one bronchitis they wouldn't take my word for it even though it was evident.

Bare in mind I did live with complete idiots, so that was half my problem but the staff didn't really seem to care about me as an individual. I guess it really is just luck of the draw unless you know who you're moving in with.
Reply 12
Original post by AliW23

I've booked Goldsmith and you have the option to choose whether you are 1st/2nd/3rd year so I'm sure they place you with same year students. You also get to choose if you'd like mixed gender and how many people you'd like to share the flat with.
Reply 13
One bedroom flat available at Goldsmith Court, £212 per week for 48 weeks (September 2013 - August 2014). Across the road from NTU. All bills included, Wi-Fi, flat screen TV and TV license, and contents insurance. Single and dual occupancy available. Please call 0115 947 4078 for details and to book a viewing.

http://www.touchstonestudentliving.co.uk/accommodation/nottingham/goldsmith-court-central-nottingham-student-accommodation-rooms-flats-touc-0

This is a late reply but I hope i can be of help. I stayed at goldsmiths for my first year and I can say it is the better choice. You can either share with 4/6 people (dont think you get a choice). It is very modern and spacious. So close to everything in town, I never took the bus anywhere. Law school was like 2 mins away and all the clubs and shops was walking distance!
The staff are really nice, fire alarms didnt go off too often. My friends that lived in university halls said it was much better for the price, which I would agree.
So i recommend Goldsmith court guys :smile: !
Reply 15
goldsmith court

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending