The Student Room Group

Accommodation-Private sectorVictoria hall-Paris Guarden

Hellooo !!

I just wanted to know if anyone have tried the Paris Gardens private accommodation, and if so, how was it ? Because I do not find much of info online ///

Thanks for any reply or advice :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by malouaoui
Hellooo !!

I just wanted to know if anyone have tried the Paris Gardens private accommodation, and if so, how was it ? Because I do not find much of info online ///

Thanks for any reply or advice :biggrin:

Hi,

Thought I'd reply and say I'm living there next year :smile: Decided to sign up to TSR to see if I could meet some people before moving in!

They haven't finished building it yet, but you can look around the rooms they have already built, which are really nice :smile: Is there anything in particular you want to know? I might be able to help!
Reply 2
Hi !

Nice to meet you then :biggrin: We might be flatmates next semptember ! Thanks for the answer ! Since I am an International student I couldnt do a viewing and I still have hard times with my bank making the virement to book, Ijust wanted to know how you found the area, facilities and rooms, also is the top floor available to all the students ? Are you going for an ensuite ? I chose the 3 flat share and really wonder if it is the right choice !

Thanks a lot for your help :wink: !!
Reply 3
Hi !

Nice to meet you then :biggrin: We might be flatmates next semptember ! Thanks for the answer ! Since I am an International student I couldnt do a viewing and I still have hard times with my bank making the virement to book, Ijust wanted to know how you found the area, facilities and rooms, also is the top floor available to all the students ? Are you going for an ensuite ? I chose the 3 flat share and really wonder if it is the right choice !

Thanks a lot for your help :wink: !!

Ah fair enough, where are you from? And which uni and course will you be studying?

The area is really nice, really close to Waterloo. The rooms and facilities are nice, it's all quite small, but it's fine :smile: No, I'm not going for an ensuite, I also chose the 3 bedroom flat share :smile:
Reply 4
From Morocco ! Applying to KCL, for a foundation year :biggrin: What about you ?
Quite small ? like.. how small ?
Reply 5
From Morocco ! Applying to KCL, for a foundation year :biggrin: What about you ?
Quite small ? like.. how small ?

I'll PM you, that way I get notified every time you reply :smile:
Reply 6
Hi guys I am going to LSE and thinking of living in Paris Gardens. Planning to go for the 1 bed apartment, anyone seen that yet?
Reply 7
Original post by stutidalmia
Hi guys I am going to LSE and thinking of living in Paris Gardens. Planning to go for the 1 bed apartment, anyone seen that yet?

Hi :smile: Sorry, I only looked at the shared apartments. There was a girl signing up to one when I went, so I'm guessing they're nice! The shared apartments that I looked at look exactly the same as they do on the website, so I'm guessing it'll be the same for the 1 bed. It's really nice there though :smile: Are you going to look around?
Reply 8
Original post by c_a_s
Hi :smile: Sorry, I only looked at the shared apartments. There was a girl signing up to one when I went, so I'm guessing they're nice! The shared apartments that I looked at look exactly the same as they do on the website, so I'm guessing it'll be the same for the 1 bed. It's really nice there though :smile: Are you going to look around?

Hey

Ive looked at numerous accommodatiosn like urbanest nido unite gradpad, but found PG to be the most apt for LSE as its the closest and its a new-build so I'm guessing the quality must be good. The only drawback I found was that the bus that goes to lse is a 10 minute walk from the accommodation.
One of my friends went to look into the 1 bed apt, and he found it really nice .. So I think I'll be going with PG only. Have you decided yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by stutidalmia
Hey

Ive looked at numerous accommodatiosn like urbanest nido unite gradpad, but found PG to be the most apt for LSE as its the closest and its a new-build so I'm guessing the quality must be good. The only drawback I found was that the bus that goes to lse is a 10 minute walk from the accommodation.
One of my friends went to look into the 1 bed apt, and he found it really nice .. So I think I'll be going with PG only. Have you decided yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah fair enough, I didn't bother looking at any others because this was by far the cheapest in central and the closest to my uni. Does the bus go from Waterloo? Because Google maps says it's a 10 minute walk but it really isn't, it's about 5 minutes. It's really close.

And yeah, I've already signed up :smile: do you know what room type you're going to go for?
Reply 10
Original post by c_a_s
Ah fair enough, I didn't bother looking at any others because this was by far the cheapest in central and the closest to my uni. Does the bus go from Waterloo? Because Google maps says it's a 10 minute walk but it really isn't, it's about 5 minutes. It's really close.

And yeah, I've already signed up :smile: do you know what room type you're going to go for?

Hi! I just signed up now for a room in a 3 Bed Flat. No idea which flatmates I get but Paris Gardens looks amazing and it's the cheapest I could find among all private halls and the best location for my studies :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by MPN
Hi! I just signed up now for a room in a 3 Bed Flat. No idea which flatmates I get but Paris Gardens looks amazing and it's the cheapest I could find among all private halls and the best location for my studies :smile:

Hey :smile: I don't think we find out our flatmates until we move in! I know, I was so shocked at how cheap it is considering it's all brand new and really nice, and easily the best location out of all the private halls (well, especially for me, as it's the closest to my uni!) What uni do you go to?
Reply 12
Original post by c_a_s
Hey :smile: I don't think we find out our flatmates until we move in! I know, I was so shocked at how cheap it is considering it's all brand new and really nice, and easily the best location out of all the private halls (well, especially for me, as it's the closest to my uni!) What uni do you go to?

Well, it's just the 3 bed flat that was quite reasonably-priced but still it's very expensive for my standards! But I know what you mean, it is the cheapest among everything I could find in London. I'm transferring to King's, will be having lectures in Waterloo and Guy's campuses. You? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by MPN
Well, it's just the 3 bed flat that was quite reasonably-priced but still it's very expensive for my standards! But I know what you mean, it is the cheapest among everything I could find in London. I'm transferring to King's, will be having lectures in Waterloo and Guy's campuses. You? :smile:

Oh, excellent, I transferred to King's last year :p: You'll love it, it's such an amazing uni! Where are you transferring from if you don't mind me asking? And yeah, I'm in exactly the same position; I wanted to be as close to uni as possible this year because I want to be able to get to the library easily whenever I need to and not have to commute for an hour just to get to uni or the library each day, so have to pay way more than I wanted to for this year, but hopefully it will be worth it! When I was looking round there was a girl signing up to one of the studios and I turned to my mum like 'they must be sooo rich!' haha.
Reply 14
Original post by c_a_s
Oh, excellent, I transferred to King's last year :p: You'll love it, it's such an amazing uni! Where are you transferring from if you don't mind me asking? And yeah, I'm in exactly the same position; I wanted to be as close to uni as possible this year because I want to be able to get to the library easily whenever I need to and not have to commute for an hour just to get to uni or the library each day, so have to pay way more than I wanted to for this year, but hopefully it will be worth it! When I was looking round there was a girl signing up to one of the studios and I turned to my mum like 'they must be sooo rich!' haha.

I'm transferring from York which is an amazing uni as well but due to personal reasons I needed to move to London and King's is not bad either :smile: I know, I guess most people applying to Paris Gardens are indeed rich (especially to these single studios/apartments)! For me it would be best to get one of King's residences (cheapier) but since I got the transfer offer just a couple of days ago I missed the deadline for accommodation. I need to be closer to my campuses and libraries because during the first year I used to have lectures until 6pm and sometimes I also used libraries a lot too. So for my safety I needed sth close so that I'm not that worried when I have to stay longer for my uni activities :smile: Are you in your final year now?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by MPN
I'm transferring from York which is an amazing uni as well but due to personal reasons I needed to move to London and King's is not bad either :smile: I know, I guess most people applying to Paris Gardens are indeed rich (especially to these single studios/apartments)! For me it would be best to get one of King's residences (cheapier) but since I got the transfer offer just a couple of days ago I missed the deadline for accommodation. I need to be closer to my campuses and libraries because during the first year I used to have lectures until 6pm and sometimes I also used libraries a lot too. So for my safety I needed sth close so that I'm not that worried when I have to stay longer for my uni activities :smile: Are you in your final year now?

I wouldn't worry too much about safety :smile: once you've settled into London you'll realise London isn't as big and scary as everyone makes it out to be! Yeah, I'm going into my final year, I think my plan is to basically make the library my second home :p: Are you joining any societies at King's?
Reply 16
Original post by c_a_s
I wouldn't worry too much about safety :smile: once you've settled into London you'll realise London isn't as big and scary as everyone makes it out to be! Yeah, I'm going into my final year, I think my plan is to basically make the library my second home :p: Are you joining any societies at King's?

Uff, that's good to hear because everybody is scaring me with gangs in London and the more I read news about random and brutal attacts on the streets during the day I get really scared :frown: Yeah, having library nearby is a good thing! I hope so, I haven't seen what they have yet as I'm trying hard to make my travel arrangements and my visa :P So much to do! Do you reccomend any society there maybe?
Reply 17
Original post by MPN
Uff, that's good to hear because everybody is scaring me with gangs in London and the more I read news about random and brutal attacts on the streets during the day I get really scared :frown: Yeah, having library nearby is a good thing! I hope so, I haven't seen what they have yet as I'm trying hard to make my travel arrangements and my visa :P So much to do! Do you reccomend any society there maybe?

Haha I was exactly the same and so wary for so long when I moved there! London is going to have more of those kind of stories because of it's sheer size and the poverty in some of the places, but I lived in East London, which was noticeably poor, for the whole of last year, and I never encountered any trouble.

Ah, fair enough, where are you coming from?

It completely depends on what you're interested in to be honest as to what societies I could recommend! Here's the link to the sports clubs http://kclsu.org/joiningaclub/ and the societies http://kclsu.org/joiningagroup/ when you have time to look at them! :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by c_a_s
Haha I was exactly the same and so wary for so long when I moved there! London is going to have more of those kind of stories because of it's sheer size and the poverty in some of the places, but I lived in East London, which was noticeably poor, for the whole of last year, and I never encountered any trouble.

Ah, fair enough, where are you coming from?

It completely depends on what you're interested in to be honest as to what societies I could recommend! Here's the link to the sports clubs http://kclsu.org/joiningaclub/ and the societies http://kclsu.org/joiningagroup/ when you have time to look at them! :smile:

I'm Vietnamese but I come from Poland also from a big city similar to London but much more peaceful I would say :smile: I guess I need to be there to see everything. After a while I will get used to London :smile: There is so much to visit! I can't wait!

Thank you, I will definitely have a look! :smile:

We might see each other on the Terrace in Paris Gardens :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by MPN
I'm Vietnamese but I come from Poland also from a big city similar to London but much more peaceful I would say :smile: I guess I need to be there to see everything. After a while I will get used to London :smile: There is so much to visit! I can't wait!

Thank you, I will definitely have a look! :smile:

We might see each other on the Terrace in Paris Gardens :biggrin:

Ah that's really cool! I'm really looking forward to moving into Paris Gardens because everyone seems to be international and I would love to have friends all over the world!

Let me know which societies you're thinking of joining and I'll let you know anything I know about them :smile:

And yes, I'm hoping it's really sunny when we move in so I can sunbathe whilst doing my uni reading :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending