The Student Room Group

Accommodation-Private sectorVictoria hall-Paris Guarden

Scroll to see replies

Original post by c_a_s
Ah fair enough, I didn't bother looking at any others because this was by far the cheapest in central and the closest to my uni. Does the bus go from Waterloo? Because Google maps says it's a 10 minute walk but it really isn't, it's about 5 minutes. It's really close.

And yeah, I've already signed up :smile: do you know what room type you're going to go for?

Really? Waterloo is 5 minutes? I thought the closest was Southwark, but waterloo would be pretty convenient as well as most of the bus routes are from Waterloo to LSE (Houghton St.).

Im going for the 1 bed apartment, what about you?
Reply 21
Original post by stutidalmia
Really? Waterloo is 5 minutes? I thought the closest was Southwark, but waterloo would be pretty convenient as well as most of the bus routes are from Waterloo to LSE (Houghton St.).

Im going for the 1 bed apartment, what about you?

Well I didn't time it, but it really didn't seem far at all and seemed like a pretty quick walk! Southwark is closer though by the looks of Google maps!

I'm going for a 3 bed apartment :smile: when do you move in?
Reply 22
Original post by c_a_s
Well I didn't time it, but it really didn't seem far at all and seemed like a pretty quick walk! Southwark is closer though by the looks of Google maps!

Hi! How are you doing? I want to ask whether you've moved in to Paris Garden already? I found some quite worrying feedbacks like no wifi yet. Do you know perhaps which apartment are you in? :smile:
Original post by c_a_s

Im moving in on the 27th Sept :smile: .. what about you?
Original post by MPN
Hi! How are you doing? I want to ask whether you've moved in to Paris Garden already? I found some quite worrying feedbacks like no wifi yet. Do you know perhaps which apartment are you in? :smile:

Hey ... I received an email from Paris Gardens management that their wifi and other facilities would be operating from the 21st (the official move-in date) and till then internet is available via Ethernet cable, so I hope its nothing to worry about!
Reply 25
Hey ... I received an email from Paris Gardens management that their wifi and other facilities would be operating from the 21st (the official move-in date) and till then internet is available via Ethernet cable, so I hope its nothing to worry about!

Great, thanks so much for letting me know :wink: In my experience, there are always/sometimes problems with brand new buildings (expecially if it's student accommodation) but I hope that by the time I come to Paris Gardens everything will be working well.

Do you know your room number maybe?
Original post by MPN
Great, thanks so much for letting me know :wink: In my experience, there are always/sometimes problems with brand new buildings (expecially if it's student accommodation) but I hope that by the time I come to Paris Gardens everything will be working well.

Do you know your room number maybe?

No Problem at all.. I too am hoping they will have all facilities up and about till we move in..

I dont know my apartment number yet but I know its in the Hatfield building.. what about you?
Reply 27
No Problem at all.. I too am hoping they will have all facilities up and about till we move in..

I dont know my apartment number yet but I know its in the Hatfield building.. what about you?

I don't know yet, the only thing they told me is that my flat starts with H but other than that nothing. I tried emailing them but they are quite busy at the moment. I just know that some people know their apartment/room number already.
Hi all
I am moving into PG on sep 20 to a study for one year and I just wanted to find out how your year there ended up? Were you happy with PG rooms and facilities? We're management helpful? Did you have a good experience living there?

Thanks so much.
Emily
Reply 29
Hey guys I'm moving into Paris Gardens on 20th September 2014. Booked a 2-bed flat. How's the place and was everything proper last year? Studying at the University of Law, Moorgate!
Reply 30
Hey,

I stayed there for 1.5 months and at that time it wasn't finished yet on time but they still got people to move in. I was pretty unlucky but I found out later that there were other people in the same unfortunate situation like me. A pipe broke and so the water was leaking into my room, wetting the whole wall. Due to that, my room was quite humid and so mould was starting to grow everywhere and it was becoming a real health hazard! I had to stay at my friends place temporarily. The management offered me to stay in the hotel (they would pay for it) until they fix my room but I didn't want to move my stuff again and I knew it will take them few months to get my room to decent living conditions. I know that some people accepted their offer and moved to the hotel. I was pretty pissed off so I kept applying for a room from my uni and thanks god I got it so I only needed to get out of Paris Garden. I think the issue was so serious that in order for me not to sue them, they immediately released me and returned all the money even though I 'stayed' there for 1.5 months.

The rooms are rather tiny, the design is quite nice, modern style. But the kitchen area is so tiny for people to share. You have a tiny fridge-freezer, microvawe-oven, 2 cooking hobs and few cupboards. Bathrooms/WC are fairly ok. The walls are paper-thin, I could clearly hear a conversation in the next room. All in all, it's definitely not worth this much money you have to pay to stay there. Paris Garden has lots of posh students and there is this ongoing party atmosphere.

I didn't have good experience there but it was a year ago so I'm sure it is better now. The managent was super friendly and they really helped me out so I really appreciate that and that was the only good thing there for me last year.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 31
Thank you for letting me know! I'll keep this in mind! Hopefully since the place is a year old now it should be better otherwise I'll have to also leave if anything like this happens. Considering I've booked the Premium 2-bed flat I'm hoping it'll be a bit better than the standard. Or else I could move to a studio if that would help.
Reply 32
Beware of this halls. I lived here for a year and was the victim of harassment by the people I complained about for making too much noise. I also had to deal with employees of the halls posting derogatory things about my mother to social media.
Hi,
I'm going to study in London next September and am currently looking for a place to stay.
I wanted to know if any of you could tell me if their stay was nice or not ? Would you recommend it after having lived there for a bit ?
Sometimes we read about pretty scary things on the internet so just wanted to make sure ...
Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending