The Student Room Group

UK-German Connection Scholarship

Hi,

Has anyone here entered the UK-German Scholarship Programme?? Appaz we're meant to find out the results any day now, so it'd be nice to see if anyone else has entered and whether they won a place.

Scroll to see replies

Hiya!
Yeah I've applied for the AS Level course and got on, really looking forward to it but a bit nervous. Have you heard anything yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Morgenmuffel96
Hiya!
Yeah I've applied for the AS Level course and got on, really looking forward to it but a bit nervous. Have you heard anything yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you mean the month long one? If so then yeah, somehow I got a place! I never got around to posting an application for the two-week course... so I guess I got lucky. I'm hugely looking forward to it, but I get what you mean... there are defo a few butterflies!
I have a place on the two week long pupil course - is anybody else taking part in that? Really looking forward to it :biggrin:
Reply 4
Wow hope you guys have fun! :smile: I got reserve for the scholarship last year but no one dropped out :mad:
Yeah I'm doing the two week one! I think a month would be scary! Does anyone have their German speaking soon too? Mines on Wednesday :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah, cool! I think we find out next week whereabouts we're going, right? Mine is on May 13th, orals are so stressful :s-smilie: Good luck with yours! :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah, a month is going to be a long time if I don't like my group... so fingers crossed. It looks really fun though, so I'm looking forward to it.

My school's kinda messed up so I have my mock on wednesday :P and my actual one's on the 11th May. I was told about choosing my own topic TODAY, so I need to somehow get that sorted. Thank god my real thing's not on Wednesday, I'm so underprepared... Good luck though, you'll do great!
Yeah we do! I'm hoping to go on the 16th-30th one so I'm here for results day haha! And you too, I'm dreading the written exam more than the spoken actually!

Posted from TSR Mobile
A friend of mine at school went in year 10 on a two week course and he's still best friends with some of the people he met and has met up with them since so hopefully it'll be a good experience! :biggrin:
Ah the chosen topic, I've done Mode, no idea why! It's a strange exam structure but the mocks help loads, you'll be surprised how quickly the time passes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah we do! I'm hoping to go on the 16th-30th one so I'm here for results day haha! And you too, I'm dreading the written exam more than the spoken actually!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, although it would be amazing to go to Berlin :biggrin: My parents say they'll be too nervous to look at my results for me, so if I'm in Germany then... going to have to wait two weeks to find out! :s-smilie:
Thanks, I'll need it! The oral will hopefully be OK once you get into it, I think, but I'd agree - I prefer the essay writing to the listening + reading questions... are you with AQA too?
Reply 11

Posted from TSR Mobile

My oral's going to be a car crash... the rest of it shouldn't go too badly though. So long as sport comes up for the essay, i'm sorted... and everything apart from fashion, adverts and friendship would be okay. My exam timetable's pretty horrendous though, german oral on the monday, with the written exam and Spanish oral the next day :frown: Hopefully I get a nice easy exam so i don't forget all my spanish
Oh definitely, I'm going on a school trip in July and I can't wait, Berlin just seems to be such an interesting place! Yeah mines AQA, I do French as level as well though and I'm a bit worried as my German level is above my French! Are you hoping to do languages at uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
A friend of mine at school went in year 10 on a two week course and he's still best friends with some of the people he met and has met up with them since so hopefully it'll be a good experience! :biggrin:
Ah the chosen topic, I've done Mode, no idea why! It's a strange exam structure but the mocks help loads, you'll be surprised how quickly the time passes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tactically went for Family, thinking that if I learn some stuff for the bullet points, they can't ask me really nasty questions on marriage or friendships... which would be a disaster
I sent my sport essay practise in my application to the German course and forgot to photocopy it first, stupid mistake! And ah that is awful, I have my British history exam on the same day as my German written which isn't great either! Although luckily my French isn't until the 20th or 21st I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Stanners95
My oral's going to be a car crash... the rest of it shouldn't go too badly though. So long as sport comes up for the essay, i'm sorted... and everything apart from fashion, adverts and friendship would be okay. My exam timetable's pretty horrendous though, german oral on the monday, with the written exam and Spanish oral the next day :frown: Hopefully I get a nice easy exam so i don't forget all my spanish

Ah, you're doing Spanish AS too!? I'm doing German, French + Spanish at AS and don't know anyone else doing the German + Spanish combo. Fortunately I have all my orals within two weeks, but my French + Spanish written exams are pretty close, I hope I don't get too mixed up :s-smilie: I agree too with the topics, I hate Werbung and Ehe/Partnerschaft, I don't think there's as much to say about Mode either :/ Fingers crossed we'll get what we want!
That is a good tactic, I did that in French :') decided not to do the same topic for both languages though in case I got confused :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh definitely, I'm going on a school trip in July and I can't wait, Berlin just seems to be such an interesting place! Yeah mines AQA, I do French as level as well though and I'm a bit worried as my German level is above my French! Are you hoping to do languages at uni? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, awesome, that'll be great! I've never been.
I feel like that now, with my French, although French was always my strongest language... just goes to show what a different a teacher can make :s-smilie: I've started Spanish from scratch this year as I couldn't do GCSE at my (rubbish) school, but it is pretty confusing with French!
And, yeah, definitely hoping to do French + German at uni, or maybe Spanish too - what are you hoping to study? :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by languagenerd
Ah, you're doing Spanish AS too!? I'm doing German, French + Spanish at AS and don't know anyone else doing the German + Spanish combo. Fortunately I have all my orals within two weeks, but my French + Spanish written exams are pretty close, I hope I don't get too mixed up :s-smilie: I agree too with the topics, I hate Werbung and Ehe/Partnerschaft, I don't think there's as much to say about Mode either :/ Fingers crossed we'll get what we want!

Jheeze, 3 languages at AS! I was thinking of Italian... but thought I'd literally die trying to cope :biggrin: My Spanish is pretty much sorted... somehow I got 34 in a timed essay earlier in the week (like normally I'm high 20's/low 30's :P ). I just need to hope I don't do something really stupid in the oral. :biggrin:
Original post by Stanners95
Jheeze, 3 languages at AS! I was thinking of Italian... but thought I'd literally die trying to cope :biggrin: My Spanish is pretty much sorted... somehow I got 34 in a timed essay earlier in the week (like normally I'm high 20's/low 30's :P ). I just need to hope I don't do something really stupid in the oral. :biggrin:

Mm, it's pretty stressful at times... don't know what I want to drop next year. Wow, that's amazing!! I'm sure you'll be fine :biggrin: I'm scared about the oral, too, especially the discussion at the end on two random topics, I hope they don't catch me out with tricky questions :s-smilie: Are you planning to do languages at uni too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending