The Student Room Group

Sent a text on my phone, and the recipient received a completely different message!

Hello all.

I wonder if any of you have had anything like this -

I was texting my boyfriend and we were talking about how this week our diets have been a bit ****e (we're trying to eat healthily atm) and I sent a text saying essentially, "we shouldn't beat ourselves up about having the odd 'fat' week because other than that we've been doing really well. We're gonna be so sexy on the beach in the summer!" kind of as a joke to lighten the mood.

The text he received was like a mish-mash of 2 totally different texts. The part about being sexy on the beach was cut off and replaced with "I don't know what you want, but you need to look elsewhere. X" which is something I would never write (sounds a bit morbid right?). My sent text remained as I sent it but the one on my boyfriends phone was different, and it's not something I've typed ever. Naturally this was a bit distressing for my boyfriend haha! I reckon something went wrong in the mast and 2 texts have just been spliced. So someone somewhere who sounds like they were dumping their partner or something have now ended up sending a text about being sexy on the beach. HAHA.

Anyway, anyone else had this? Do you think it's a mast problem or is my phone being weird? It was bought brand new so there's no chance of any old messages being on it and accidentally sending.
Reply 1
I remember a news report last year saying O2 had a problem like this
Reply 2
"Babe, it's not you it's me, but I'm leaving you - we're gonna be so sexy on the beach in the summer!" :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by CLS94
"Babe, it's not you it's me, but I'm leaving you - we're gonna be so sexy on the beach in the summer!" :biggrin:

hahahaha. Yeah I was laughing quite a lot when I guessed it must have been swapped with someone else's message!

If I was being broken up with I'd like the blow to be softened with the knowledge that I will still be sexy on the beach in the summer :P
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
I remember a news report last year saying O2 had a problem like this

I'm on vodafone :3 I'm just gonna assume it's the same crap just on a different network
This happens to me on EE too, so irritating!
Reply 6
Yeah I had this with my ex when she sent a text, I got half her text in the morning and go the other half mixed in with another text in the evening. It caused confusion due to the sensitive topic to say the least.
Reply 7
Original post by FuzzySheep
This happens to me on EE too, so irritating!

Is it with texts you've never sent in your life (so other people's) or is it with like old texts you've sent getting mixed in with new/resent randomly?
spooky stuff..
Original post by bananaslug77
Is it with texts you've never sent in your life (so other people's) or is it with like old texts you've sent getting mixed in with new/resent randomly?

Old and new texts combining randomly, but with the same person at least. Maybe have a chat to your network? :smile:
LMAO! This cheered me up, thanks OP :redface:
Happens to me all the while.

I send "will be working late. Sorry"

She reads "Am ****ing other women"

Have a word with the service provider, you say?
Hahaha there must be some seriously awkward texts going around. Oh technology :rolleyes:
Original post by Gummibaerchen
Hahaha there must be some seriously awkward texts going around. Oh technology :rolleyes:

Hahaha well it could have been way worse than just being sexy on the beach you know!
haaha giving the dumpee some hope
Reply 15
Lmao. This hasn't happened to me (to my knowledge). I definitely think you should talk with your provider and see what they say about it?
I've never had that problem, though something similar: my phone and my friend's began vibrating at the same time - we both checked them to find that apparently, and impossibly we were both calling each other. Very random...I'm guessing with the millions of packets of data being sent, one or two are bound to go awry...
Reply 17
I've had this before, received a text half talking about food the other half about someone not wanting to pick the kids up... O2 By the way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending