The Student Room Group

Access to Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey Guys,

Just to let you know I had a phone call from City and Islington College earlier today and I have an interview for Wednesday 24th April 2013 between 3.30-4.30pm! So excited and nervous at the same time! I'm so happy...

Anyone else get a call for an interview?

Best Wishes,

Mel
Thought I hadn't head anything, then went through voicemail today and found my interview date for the 23rd of April. Luckily they have rearranged for my.interview in June ! :smile: happy bunny now !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Hey all,

Hooray!

I start an Access to Medicine and Medical Bioscience course at City and Islington College in September!

Best of Luck to you all! :smile:
Hi everyone, I have an interview on 28th of August for the course, starting this September. I've had to leave my job as an Operating Theatre Practitioner as if I DO get in I won't be able to give enough notice. I've taken three weeks unpaid leave already so I hope I do get in! I have my UKCAT exam on 30th, does anyone know what the college cut off point is, or can tell me what they got?
Original post by Charlie Biscuit
Hi everyone, I have an interview on 28th of August for the course, starting this September. I've had to leave my job as an Operating Theatre Practitioner as if I DO get in I won't be able to give enough notice. I've taken three weeks unpaid leave already so I hope I do get in! I have my UKCAT exam on 30th, does anyone know what the college cut off point is, or can tell me what they got?

For CANDI it's 600
Thank you!
Thank you!

No problem

Being an ODP will help you a great deal. I'm a nurse and received all offers because of my experience. Be sure to emphasise it a great deal in your PS. If you haven't used it already the 600ukcat book I found to be the best revision guide, as well as the medify question bank

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by SarahGummer
No problem

Being an ODP will help you a great deal. I'm a nurse and received all offers because of my experience. Be sure to emphasise it a great deal in your PS. If you haven't used it already the 600ukcat book I found to be the best revision guide, as well as the medify question bank

Good luck! :smile:

Hi Sarah, did they want your exam certificates in the interview? Did you even have to show them? I'm a bit worried that I won't get hold of all of mine as have possibly lost one or two and replacements won't be here in time. I'm hoping they can get proof from the exam boards before I start. And did you just take all of your nursing CPD stuff? What were the interview questions like? I'm just going to prepare as if it were the hardest interview in the world and then hopefully can't go too wrong. Sorry to bombard you with questions, I'm on nights and its all I can think about!
Reply 28
Hi Sarah, did they want your exam certificates in the interview? Did you even have to show them? I'm a bit worried that I won't get hold of all of mine as have possibly lost one or two and replacements won't be here in time. I'm hoping they can get proof from the exam boards before I start. And did you just take all of your nursing CPD stuff? What were the interview questions like? I'm just going to prepare as if it were the hardest interview in the world and then hopefully can't go too wrong. Sorry to bombard you with questions, I'm on nights and its all I can think about!

My interview at candi was pretty straight forward and lasted about 10 mins. Just explaining my background and going through their checklist. Think they brought me in just to tell me I had to get over 600 for my ukcat (which I've just done!). I enrol next week at candi! :biggrin:

Basically what was just said, interview is straight forward and quick. I wouldn't worry too much. You will need your exam certificates for the uni's you apply for but I doubt it will cause too many problems for Candi, I took all my nursing and CPD bits with me which they glanced at but I don't think you have anything to worry about :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending