The Student Room Group

Student Finance-increase in income

So I understand how to inform SF if household income reduces by 15% from tax year 2011-12 which is fine...

Lets say, you have started uni and receiving the amount you should receive based on that current year but then your parents household income increases? This will obviously change your entitlement. Assuming you need to inform student finance of this, then what would happen?
Would they re-assess you again or would you still receive what you originally applied for and then just have to pay it all back in the following academic year?...

Worried! :frown: Please help, I find this process so confusing!
Original post by Rainbows!
So I understand how to inform SF if household income reduces by 15% from tax year 2011-12 which is fine...

Lets say, you have started uni and receiving the amount you should receive based on that current year but then your parents household income increases? This will obviously change your entitlement. Assuming you need to inform student finance of this, then what would happen?
Would they re-assess you again or would you still receive what you originally applied for and then just have to pay it all back in the following academic year?...

Worried! :frown: Please help, I find this process so confusing!

It isn't if it 'reduces' by 15% it's if there is a 15% CHANGE - so whether it increase or decrease, you need to notify them and do it on the current year.
Reply 2
Original post by Knalchemist
It isn't if it 'reduces' by 15% it's if there is a 15% CHANGE - so whether it increase or decrease, you need to notify them and do it on the current year.

Thats Brilliant thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending