The Student Room Group

Sport/TV at Uni

Hey,

I'm planning on going to Uni this autumn and have a couple of questions. Being a massive sports fan I often enjoy watching sport on TV on the weekends if I'm not doing anything else, I'm just wondering at Uni whether it'd be good idea to take both my Xbox and TV for my room so that I can catch the odd bit of sport when I do get an afternoon free ect...

Obviously I expect for the big games you might go out to watch them at a pub but for wider sport this probably won't be the case. So I'm just wondering what other people have done or people you know have done in regards to TVs at Uni and whether they're seen as anti-social.

Thanks,
Alex
Reply 1
My brother uses his Xbox and the skygo account to watch sky sports at uni :smile: There's nothing wrong with having a telly :smile:
Reply 2
Take your TV and Xbox. It's good to just have on in your room when you're getting ready and stuff. Also, if you don't feel like going down to the pub/bar to watch a match or have nobody to go with it's good knowing you can watch it in the comfort of your own room.
Why not just watch it on your computer?
Reply 4
Original post by dothestrand
Why not just watch it on your computer?

Just because if I am going to watch sport it'd be best to watch it on a proper TV rather than PC/Laptop. It'd be also better as I could have the TV on in the background whilst doing some work rather than one or the other.

I just wanted to find out whether many people take TV's to Uni or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending