The Student Room Group

fav alevel subject, why?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by study beats
what do u want u rapist

OMG you called me a rapist -_-
go get a girlfriend.....
Original post by srhc24
I agree and disagree with you at the same time, maths is awesome, but further is much better, imaginary numbers, differential equations, matrices and just generally better content, it's also harder :smile:

I actually think further maths is insultingly easy, but that's probably because I'm only doing FP2 atm, whereas I'm doing C4 and M2 in regular maths :tongue: I love matrices though :3
Reply 62
Psychology
Love Maths, FM and Economics (not too keen on Chemistry though..)
Original post by Anime Lover
I actually think further maths is insultingly easy, but that's probably because I'm only doing FP2 atm, whereas I'm doing C4 and M2 in regular maths :tongue: I love matrices though :3

further mahts, easy?
Reply 65

ah, I didn't get to do M2, had to do S2 cause the other class hadn't done mechanics :frown: Is it as good as M1 is? :smile:
I think I was the only person in my class to like matrices, I'm gutted I'm not doing FP4 because apparantly that has a lot of matrices in :P
Usually I find f maths easier than just maths, but my teacher this year literally just reads out of the text book so I've found I'm actually having to learn things XD
Maths and Philosophy. Honestly I just like the certainty entailed.
Reply 67
further mahts, easy?

*maths :wink:
it's easy if you're good at maths and enjoy it :smile: it also doesn't hurt to have really great teachers that genuinely like teaching maths
Reply 68
Mine's probably Chemistry (A2, not AS) because it is by far the most interesting and intellectually stimulating A-level for me :smile: I would pick Biology for the human side, but ecology, conservation and that fact it's OCR all make me want to die...so Chemistry wins! :biggrin:
Original post by srhc24
*maths :wink:
it's easy if you're good at maths and enjoy it :smile: it also doesn't hurt to have really great teachers that genuinely like teaching maths

well i do further maths too, but i dont think its easy
Maths, except for Decision and Stats :angry:
Reply 71
well i do further maths too, but i dont think its easy

sometimes it's good to find things difficult, it makes you work harder, for me that subject is chemistry, it's the hardest thing I've ever done so I tend to do more work for it and it always benefits me :P
what modules are you doing for f maths?
Original post by College_Dropout
Sociology - You can write so much **** in a exam and still get an A

That's my technique, I've fluked my last 3 units. Actually have to pull my finger out if I want A* in unit 4. But other than that I hate sociology and law is the best I do :smile:
Reply 73
MATHS - hard but very very rewarding when you get the right answer. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by srhc24
ah, I didn't get to do M2, had to do S2 cause the other class hadn't done mechanics :frown: Is it as good as M1 is? :smile:
I think I was the only person in my class to like matrices, I'm gutted I'm not doing FP4 because apparantly that has a lot of matrices in :P
Usually I find f maths easier than just maths, but my teacher this year literally just reads out of the text book so I've found I'm actually having to learn things XD

Aww, I love M2, tbh I found M1 more difficult than M2, both are awesome :3 I'm teaching myself D1 as part of my further maths course XD How can people NOT like matrices?!! I wish I could do FP3 and 4 but I only picked this up as an AS in my A2 year :frown: Oh, I hate those teachers, I have to teach myself everything in physics! >.<
further mahts, easy?

Yeah it's awesome and really fun but I assumed it would be more of a challenge :tongue:
I would say maths, I spend the most amount of time on it cause I really like it and the feeling when you get a hard question or a question you have spent a long time on right is very rewarding :wink: I just hope I can get an A :smile:
Reply 77
Aww, I love M2, tbh I found M1 more difficult than M2, both are awesome :3 I'm teaching myself D1 as part of my further maths course XD How can people NOT like matrices?!! I wish I could do FP3 and 4 but I only picked this up as an AS in my A2 year :frown: Oh, I hate those teachers, I have to teach myself everything in physics! >.<

I did D1 for maths at the same time as D2 for f maths, D2 is much easier and slightly less tedious XD
oh wow, you're doing FP2 for AS? your maths department sounds a lot more fun than mine, my AS only involved one FP module :frown:
ah, that's annoying, I'd much rather teach myself maths than physics!
Reply 78
Original post by Muppet Science
Biology - I like because it just interests me (plant biology can go to hell though :tongue:)

So for me it depends on the day. If we are doing muscles in biology then that wins, if it is a normal day then chemistry... never physics :awesome:

Amen to that!!!
Reply 79
Original post by Bella-emma
What is fav alevel subject??
why?? :eek:

I do biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics. (AS year)

I'd like to say I love all my subjects, but physics is just errrggghhhggggggghhhhhhhhh.

I can't really pick a favourite though, depends on the topic :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest