The Student Room Group

I have exactly 7 weeks until my first exam and I've just started my revision today

Is that enough time to revise for 4 exams, considering I need AAB/AAA. I am doing Biology A2 (f215), G & Politics (both A2 modules) and one history module (A2 Themes) in June. Thanks

I am also willing to put at least 8 hours a day :eek:.

Well?

Thanks.

abrazos y besos
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
thats wayyyy too much revision; youre going to crash before the exams. i have four AS Levels in may/jun (maths, bio, chem, latin) + general studies and im not going to start until 2 weeks before my first one!
Reply 2
Original post by example96
thats wayyyy too much revision; youre going to crash before the exams. i have four AS Levels in may/jun (maths, bio, chem, latin) + general studies and im not going to start until 2 weeks before my first one!

There's a massive difference between AS and A2 as we joked going into our AS saying 'stay calm and resit' but with A2 you can't. Plus, it's bloody hard haha.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Annuhlees
There's a massive difference between AS and A2 as we joked going into our AS saying 'stay calm and resit' but with A2 you can't. Plus, it's bloody hard haha.

Good luck :smile:

cheers haha good advice, but i cant really resit my AS this year without the unis seeing it - our school thinks its better to submit our actual AS grades rather than our predicted ones for some stupid reason so if i mess these up im screwwweddd
Reply 4
Considering most people start about 2 weeks before - yeah i'd say 7 weeks is more than enough.
More or less just started revision myself, got my first exam on the 17th May. Although I did make a few notes here and there during the Easter holidays. Got 5 exams AS/A2 modules too.. :/ sigh..

You have enough time. 8 hours a day?? I couldn't do that..
Be careful. In January, I started about 5/6 weeks before my first exam (I'd lightly been glancing at notes again before that, but got serious second half of December) and, over Christmas, found myself aiming to cover at least 10 hours a day, with the only day I had where I didn't make that being the 25th of December, Christmas Day itself. That day I only did 8. I reached a point, between my penultimate and last exam, where I was so burnt-out I was struggling to talk. I'd done nothing but revise for 6 weeks, and had completely lost it. It took me about a fortnight to get myself back to normal, and my final exam suffered as well, as I was clearly struggling to articulate myself, which is normally something of a talent.

This time around, I started with plenty of time to go, but am trying to work other things in. Don't go for 8 hours a day. Don't aim to hit a target per day, that'll just stress you out. I set targets in the work for a certain period of time- for example, to have covered the whole Congress & Presidency sections on the Politics paper over the weekend. I try and be quite conservative and to do other things, to think other thoughts. Don't let yourself burn out. Working hard is the key to good grades (My first two results in January were spectacular), but making sure you don't overdo it is actually more important.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending