The Student Room Group

HYMS Medicine A100 2013 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

For those who are interested the campus allocation is in early May/ late June. The timeline on the HYMS website has a bit more detail. http://www.hyms.ac.uk/undergraduate/before-you-arrive.aspx

Oh and HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a deferred entry student from last year and I can't wait to start in September with you :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by KevinTheSpaceWhale
For those who are interested the campus allocation is in early May/ late June. The timeline on the HYMS website has a bit more detail. http://www.hyms.ac.uk/undergraduate/before-you-arrive.aspx

Oh and HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a deferred entry student from last year and I can't wait to start in September with you :smile:

Hey!! :hi:
That's awesome, which campus are you hoping to get allocated to? :smile: I emailed them last week to update my contact details, and they told me that the campus allocation emails were going out within the next two weeks, so either this week or next week! :woo:
Reply 22
I have a chemistry teacher that doesn't have a clue what he's doing and a biology teacher that's 'only beginning to understand' they topics that she's teaching..beginning to realize that we haven't been taught half the stuff on the exams :/ I'm from cookstown in northern ireland...you've probably never heard of it..no one ever has :smile: well the 'intensive study day' wasn't as amazing as they thought it would be..only half the year turned up and only one of my teachers organised a revision class, so kind of pointless but really emotional then getting study leave, the head of 6th was even crying
Original post by Larry31
Hey!! :hi:
That's awesome, which campus are you hoping to get allocated to? :smile: I emailed them last week to update my contact details, and they told me that the campus allocation emails were going out within the next two weeks, so either this week or next week! :woo:

Yeah I just got my notice that I'm going to York! I really wanted Hull but I can't complain because I'm going to Med school :wink:
Reply 25
Yeah I just got my notice that I'm going to York! I really wanted Hull but I can't complain because I'm going to Med school :wink:

Yay!! I got York too!!! :biggrin: So excited!! :biggrin:
Original post by Larry31
Yay!! I got York too!!! :biggrin: So excited!! :biggrin:

Do you have a favorite college? I would like Alcuin personally :smile:
Reply 27
Do you have a favorite college? I would like Alcuin personally :smile:

I loved Alcuin when I saw it on the interview day, but I can't afford ensuite accommodation, so I think my only choice is Derwent or maybe Vanbrugh but I'm not too sure :s-smilie:
Original post by Larry31
I loved Alcuin when I saw it on the interview day, but I can't afford ensuite accommodation, so I think my only choice is Derwent or maybe Vanbrugh but I'm not too sure :s-smilie:

I'm lucky because I can apply for accomodation from the 7th of August with an unconditional offer so I hope I can get a college close to the HYMS stuff :smile:

The room prices everywhere are quite expensive though -_- *sigh* another reason Hull was my prefered campus :wink:
Reply 29
I'm lucky because I can apply for accomodation from the 7th of August with an unconditional offer so I hope I can get a college close to the HYMS stuff :smile:

The room prices everywhere are quite expensive though -_- *sigh* another reason Hull was my prefered campus :wink:

Ah that's pretty good! We've got to wait until 20th August :frown:
Yeah that was my only issue with York, the accommodation is quite pricey. My maintenance loan won't even fully cover a standard single, so anything even a little more expensive is just spending money that I can't really afford to spend. I guess living without ensuite will be good practice for private renting in years 2-5 though :biggrin:
Original post by Larry31
Ah that's pretty good! We've got to wait until 20th August :frown:
Yeah that was my only issue with York, the accommodation is quite pricey. My maintenance loan won't even fully cover a standard single, so anything even a little more expensive is just spending money that I can't really afford to spend. I guess living without ensuite will be good practice for private renting in years 2-5 though :biggrin:

Urgh, I don't even want to think about it yet XD! Any idea which societies you might want to join at York then? I quite like the sound of the anime society and the medsoc is probably a given...
Reply 31
Urgh, I don't even want to think about it yet XD! Any idea which societies you might want to join at York then? I quite like the sound of the anime society and the medsoc is probably a given...

XD is it that terrifying?! Well I guess it depends who you're sharing with :P Hmm I'm not too sure, definitely the MedSoc, perhaps the badminton society :smile: I'm kinda intruiged by the Octapush society (Underwater hockey :O) but I'm not sure if I'd pay to join :P Anime sounds good though! My friend is crazy for anime :biggrin: I just wish I could actually draw so I can join these artistic societies :cry2:
Original post by Larry31
XD is it that terrifying?! Well I guess it depends who you're sharing with :P Hmm I'm not too sure, definitely the MedSoc, perhaps the badminton society :smile: I'm kinda intruiged by the Octapush society (Underwater hockey :O) but I'm not sure if I'd pay to join :P Anime sounds good though! My friend is crazy for anime :biggrin: I just wish I could actually draw so I can join these artistic societies :cry2:

*Fangirl squeel* Yay an anime fan! Are you/ your friend watching any good ones at the moment? I'm currently rewatching Kuro****uji and Code Geass :biggrin:

Have you seen the fetish society.... a friend of mine at York (Archeology student) says it's the most talked about society XD
Reply 33
*Fangirl squeel* Yay an anime fan! Are you/ your friend watching any good ones at the moment? I'm currently rewatching Kuro****uji and Code Geass :biggrin:

Have you seen the fetish society.... a friend of mine at York (Archeology student) says it's the most talked about society XD

xD Wow I see you're quite the fan! :P I'll have to ask my friend for you :smile:
The fetish society huh? That sounds rather interesting..thinking of joining? xD
Original post by Larry31
xD Wow I see you're quite the fan! :P I'll have to ask my friend for you :smile:
The fetish society huh? That sounds rather interesting..thinking of joining? xD

:eek4:
Nooooooooo, I think not. :wink:

Are you doing A-levels at the moment?
Reply 35
:eek4:
Nooooooooo, I think not. :wink:

Are you doing A-levels at the moment?

How did I know that you would say that xD It depends if they put on free food or not...I would be tempted if there's free food xD
Yes I am :smile: 4 exams over the next couple of weeks and then I'm free forever! (Until September :P)
On a related note, my friend says he loves anime by Studio Ghibli like Ponyo and Spirited Away :smile:
Original post by Larry31
How did I know that you would say that xD It depends if they put on free food or not...I would be tempted if there's free food xD
Yes I am :smile: 4 exams over the next couple of weeks and then I'm free forever! (Until September :P)
On a related note, my friend says he loves anime by Studio Ghibli like Ponyo and Spirited Away :smile:

Well free food makes it a different story of course! Although you do have to pay to join the societies.... so is the food really free and is there in fact cake?

Which ones are you doing? I did English lit (AS) and Maths, Biology, and Chem (A2) plus some other stuff XD I hated exam time :ahhhhh:

Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle are my two favorite Ghiblis. I'm in Japan at the moment so it's really easy to find people to talk about the films with. Although some of the names of the films are different (like Spirited Away is Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi) but the characters tend to b the same :smile:
Reply 37
Well free food makes it a different story of course! Although you do have to pay to join the societies.... so is the food really free and is there in fact cake?

Which ones are you doing? I did English lit (AS) and Maths, Biology, and Chem (A2) plus some other stuff XD I hated exam time :ahhhhh:

Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle are my two favorite Ghiblis. I'm in Japan at the moment so it's really easy to find people to talk about the films with. Although some of the names of the films are different (like Spirited Away is Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi) but the characters tend to b the same :smile:

Oh of course...can't just turn down free food! Although that is true...depends how much the membership fee is xD :eek: There must be cake!! If there isn't then something is seriously wrong with the world!

I did Spanish AS and an EPQ last year, and I do Biology, Chemistry and Maths A2 :biggrin: I am hating it at the moment..it doesn't help that I don't really like these modules..I mean C4 actually makes me angry xD

Ooh I think he mentioned Princess Mononoke but I couldn't spell it :P :eek: You're in Japan?! That sounds amazing, are you enjoying it over there? Was this part of a gap year plan? :biggrin:
Original post by Larry31
Oh of course...can't just turn down free food! Although that is true...depends how much the membership fee is xD :eek: There must be cake!! If there isn't then something is seriously wrong with the world!

I did Spanish AS and an EPQ last year, and I do Biology, Chemistry and Maths A2 :biggrin: I am hating it at the moment..it doesn't help that I don't really like these modules..I mean C4 actually makes me angry xD

Ooh I think he mentioned Princess Mononoke but I couldn't spell it :P :eek: You're in Japan?! That sounds amazing, are you enjoying it over there? Was this part of a gap year plan? :biggrin:

Ah I did the same but I did English Lit instead of Spanish. Japanese is the only language my brain has agreed with (besides english) so far XD. I hated C4 as well (especially the comprehention thing), we did the MEI board so it was really annoying, but I got an A* overall so it can't have been too bad on the day :wink:.

I already had plans to go to Japan before I applied, it IS nice to have an unconditional offer though, much less stress this year! I'm volunteering in a hospital at the moment and I don't know what to think about September; on the one hand Med School, on the other I have to leave Japan! I would like to take the Japanese SSC because I would like to keep improving my Japanese, I hope it's not too popular!

Is your friend going to study at York as well?
Reply 39
Ah I did the same but I did English Lit instead of Spanish. Japanese is the only language my brain has agreed with (besides english) so far XD. I hated C4 as well (especially the comprehention thing), we did the MEI board so it was really annoying, but I got an A* overall so it can't have been too bad on the day :wink:.

I already had plans to go to Japan before I applied, it IS nice to have an unconditional offer though, much less stress this year! I'm volunteering in a hospital at the moment and I don't know what to think about September; on the one hand Med School, on the other I have to leave Japan! I would like to take the Japanese SSC because I would like to keep improving my Japanese, I hope it's not too popular!

Is your friend going to study at York as well?

Always good to have a contrasting subject :P I expect English Lit was a lot of work wasn't it? A friend of mine did it last year and was worked crazy :s-smilie: See I've never had the opportunity to learn Japanese or Chinese...I was actually thinking of doing the beginners Japanese SSC as well :O Yeah I just hate C4, I'm with Edexcel, but seriously, I thought I didn't mind integration...I was wrong! :P
Ah yes I can imagine it being a lot less stressful :P I can't even begin to imagine how it would feel if I saw a 'B' on my results sheet in August...:/
Oh wow that sounds amazing! Was the language barrier difficult at first? My driving instructor's daughter is also in Japan at the moment and absolutely loves it over there :smile:
Nah he's going to Bournemouth to study Animation :smile: He wants to work for Disney in the future :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending