The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

Besic spotted in Liverpool.
And Besic has signed. 5 year deal. Woop woop.
New 4 year deal for Barkley, happy days.

I'm kinda the only one who posts on here nowadays so I'm basically talking to myself.
We've only gone and signed our loans haha.
Original post by dotdotdotdot
Signing Luka for £24m?

Looks like it!
Original post by Stylo92
Looks like it!

Is anyone else waiting for the conference to start?
Original post by Josh_Bowskill
Is anyone else waiting for the conference to start?

Yeah, an hour and 40 odd minutes after the proposed time ha.

Reply 329
Original post by Stylo92

I'm kinda the only one who posts on here nowadays so I'm basically talking to myself.

Haha, sorry! I always read the posts but then.. Yeah :P Still so happy about Rom AHHH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any more news on Atsu? I think he could be another great Deulofeu-esque super-sub for us, looks a really dynamic and exciting young player.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28645128

Everton's Steven Naismith has bought tickets for his club's home games to donate to the unemployed in Liverpool.

Naismith has asked for the tickets to be given to different job centres across the city each week and handed out to selected job-seekers who are trying hard to find employment.

"Every day I feel very fortunate for the opportunities and lifestyle my job as a footballer has afforded my family and me, and also to be in the position where I can help the community in some small way," Naismith said.

Fair play to him. That's really nice to see.
Rodwell moving to Sunderland it seems. Basically wasted 2 years of his career at Man City and didn't develop. When will these youngsters learn?
Original post by Zerforax
Rodwell moving to Sunderland it seems. Basically wasted 2 years of his career at Man City and didn't develop. When will these youngsters learn?

As long as Man City pays these youngsters large pay packets, then they will never learn.
Original post by Zerforax

He probably would have worked well with Martinez's setup too. Shame.
Original post by Stylo92
He probably would have worked well with Martinez's setup too. Shame.

This is true, but I think Besic looks an alright youngster himself from the pre-season games, and we've got more than enough cover in holding midfield I think with Gibson back as well, Rodwell would've just eaten into the wage bill and any transfer budget we have remaining.
Original post by davetripper
This is true, but I think Besic looks an alright youngster himself from the pre-season games, and we've got more than enough cover in holding midfield I think with Gibson back as well, Rodwell would've just eaten into the wage bill and any transfer budget we have remaining.

I meant if he had stayed at Everton, rather than going to City. Certainly wouldn't have wanted us to go in for him now, with him costing £10m(?).

Besic looks decent but he'll get himself a couple of suspensions I reckon ha. Although about time we had some bite in midfield.
Who have Everton they signed for depth as last season they struggled with injuries, extra EL games for Everton so I'm wondering how they will cope, Lukaku and Barry were on loan last season so those signings arn't really adding to the squad from last season.
Original post by samir12
Who have Everton they signed for depth as last season they struggled with injuries, extra EL games for Everton so I'm wondering how they will cope, Lukaku and Barry were on loan last season so those signings arn't really adding to the squad from last season.

I think Martinez may use youth in the European games. Although there could be some deadline day loan magic from him again.
Original post by davetripper
I think Martinez may use youth in the European games. Although there could be some deadline day loan magic from him again.

Winning EL qualifies you to CL now so Martinez may have that in mind.

Quick Reply

Latest