The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Awful game vs West Brom.

Mirallas, Osman, Fellaini were poor today.
Wonder why no minutes again for Deulo... Thinking maybe it was a bad idea sending him on loan. Didn't Miyachi barely play under Martinez :eek:
Reply 102
Original post by Malevolent
Wonder why no minutes again for Deulo... Thinking maybe it was a bad idea sending him on loan. Didn't Miyachi barely play under Martinez :eek:

Thought it might have been good to bring him on today tbf but Martinez keeps talking about how he 'needs to get used to the English game' and we need to be patient etc so seems as if like he needs to make sure he's tough enough and get used to the physicality of the prem. Wondering if Martinez will bring him on when we're winning/playing well at first or in cup games and then introduce him gradually... Don't know but if he comes on too soon and makes a mistake which cost us a goal or whatever (not saying he will - think he looks v good!) then some of our fans can jump on backs very quickly and it might destroy his confidence! Guess we will just have to trust Roberto and be patient haha sure it will work out well... Hopefully!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 103
Very frustrating game today! WBA really just packed it with like everyone behind the ball and I didn't think we played very Martinezy! Reeeally hope Kev comes good and doesn't have Second Season Syndrome (not to jinx it or anything) because I love him! he is obviously very very talented, think he's one of the best players I've seen for us.

West Brom didn't let us play but I guess we'll have to learn how to beat those teams but at least we didn't concede a dodgy goal near the end or anything!

Guess we'll just have to be patient bit longer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by law182
Thought it might have been good to bring him on today tbf but Martinez keeps talking about how he 'needs to get used to the English game' and we need to be patient etc so seems as if like he needs to make sure he's tough enough and get used to the physicality of the prem. Wondering if Martinez will bring him on when we're winning/playing well at first or in cup games and then introduce him gradually... Don't know but if he comes on too soon and makes a mistake which cost us a goal or whatever (not saying he will - think he looks v good!) then some of our fans can jump on backs very quickly and it might destroy his confidence! Guess we will just have to trust Roberto and be patient haha sure it will work out well... Hopefully!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

And I was only messing about worrying about sending him on loan so soon, its too early still too say its a bad move :h:

I agree needs to make sure he gets used to it and keep his confidence up because I think Deulofeu is very much a confidence player.
Reply 105
Asking too much to have two up front vs West Brom? Jelavic is uneffective up top on his own.
Reply 106
And I was only messing about worrying about sending him on loan so soon, its too early still too say its a bad move :h:

I agree needs to make sure he gets used to it and keep his confidence up because I think Deulofeu is very much a confidence player.

Think he's gonna start tomorrow! :smile: this is a good article about Martinez on him http://t.co/cZ3KJT0IZs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Hopefully he switches up the team tomorrow.

Shane Duffy, Kennedy, Lundstram, Oviedo and Stones getting a chance would be nice.
Reply 108
Woeful stuff, just glad we're through though.
Another game, another draw.

At this rate I see us with 38 points >.<
Anyone tell me how Deulofeu was for you guys last 2 games?
Anyone tell me how Deulofeu was for you guys last 2 games?

Scored a goal in the carling cup on his debut, good overall performance from him in my view.

Today he came on as a sub in the 84th minute. Created a great chance for a goal but our CFs were nowhere to be seen as usual >.<

I think he should be given more game time tbh.
Reply 112
Deulofeu should be a starter, really.

Badly, badly need a decent forward though.
Reply 113
Lukaku :congrats:
Needed a striker gets Lukaku. Good job there!
Reply 115
He is going to West Brom now and Whelan has called Everton out over the 'buy now, pay later' structure of the Everton deal for McCarthy :rofl2:
Reply 116
Sh*te.
Reply 117
Sad to lose Felli and Vic but great business by us (hopefully)!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 118
Pleased with who he's brought in but massively gutted about Fellaini and Vic.
I'm so pleased with deadline day - Lukaku will turn the draws into wins.

A little worried about only having two permanent strikers now, but £6/7m for Vic was an amazing deal. His one good game per season always came against West Brom, they must have liked him based on that haha

Quick Reply

Latest