The Student Room Group

Anyone not secured an accountancy training contract yet?

Any graduates who who are still yet to secure a training contract for ICAEW/ACCA/CTA etc?

I'm still waiting for quite a few firms to get back to me at various stages but as it's nearing the end of the academic year, I'm starting to get a bit worried.

Anyone got a back-up plan for what they will do if they fail to get a contract sorted?

I assumed it would be quite easy to get a training vacancy since there are so many, but nothing so far....
A few people always drop out before the start date (or don't do well in their finals) - so I'd be ready to call around/e-mail after results come out.
Original post by Lily_2012
Any graduates who who are still yet to secure a training contract for ICAEW/ACCA/CTA etc?

I'm still waiting for quite a few firms to get back to me at various stages but as it's nearing the end of the academic year, I'm starting to get a bit worried.

Anyone got a back-up plan for what they will do if they fail to get a contract sorted?

I assumed it would be quite easy to get a training vacancy since there are so many, but nothing so far....

Hi Lily

It really is a sit and wait situation - some firms will be seeing if you are suitable for various service lines, depending on their size, so that's why some will take their time. If you have taken your time with doing a quality application and have all the right quals, you can't do anything more, apart from keeping your eye on the job market.

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending