The Student Room Group

What courses should I take, experiences&recommendations

Hey, I'm getting to the stage in school life where I want to know what to do in the future- where I'm taking my life, what to study etc...
I love drama,dance,music- anything revolving around performing arts, but then again, I want a career which will last long (as you get older, being a dancer won't be suitable)
i also love beauty and hairdressing, and even history in school- but I'm just unsure because beauty is what all the girls in my school want to do, and I don't want to feel asif I'm following the crowd if you know what I mean..
does anyone take courses of; history,beauty,performing arts? what's your opinion on the subjects? and what jobs would you get with their degrees?
(I understand you don't know me and it's hard to tells me what's best for me but what are you experiences on these courses?)
Reply 1
Original post by chloebaldwinxo
Hey, I'm getting to the stage in school life where I want to know what to do in the future- where I'm taking my life, what to study etc...
I love drama,dance,music- anything revolving around performing arts, but then again, I want a career which will last long (as you get older, being a dancer won't be suitable)
i also love beauty and hairdressing, and even history in school- but I'm just unsure because beauty is what all the girls in my school want to do, and I don't want to feel asif I'm following the crowd if you know what I mean..
does anyone take courses of; history,beauty,performing arts? what's your opinion on the subjects? and what jobs would you get with their degrees?
(I understand you don't know me and it's hard to tells me what's best for me but what are you experiences on these courses?)

Have you looked into any other avenues such as law, psychology, sociology, and politics?
History for instance may be a very enjoyable degree subject to study, but your career after university is unlikely to be around history; many graduates tend to go into law or teaching for example.
Best advice I can give right now is to research as many careers as you can think of rather than course subjects and then after you know which careers interest you, you can work your course choices around that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending