The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Extended Science Plymouth 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Buttonsmago0
Hey! The email went out only to people who put Plymouth as their firm? I think. They said about their 'exciting new offer' to people who put them first choice. I went for pilgrim, Radnor, robbins

Does this include people who already live in plymouth as I do and still got the email!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by bethanyneyle
Does this include people who already live in plymouth as I do and still got the email!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even in you already live in Plymouth, you can still apply for halls and live there in sept. Im already living i plymouth and have applied.
Anyone know what the best accommodation is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
I had a look around majority of the halls and thought that Francis Drake was best, then Mary Newman. I only looked at en suite stuff. I didn't like Radnor or any of the ones you were allowed to smoke, they seemed a bit anti social and dingy. All of the halls ran by Unite were nice but noticeably more expensive. Robbins looked alright but again thought it seemed a bit anti social because of the little kitchen. I wanted somewhere with a big communal everywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by acordery
I had a look around majority of the halls and thought that Francis Drake was best, then Mary Newman. I only looked at en suite stuff. I didn't like Radnor or any of the ones you were allowed to smoke, they seemed a bit anti social and dingy. All of the halls ran by Unite were nice but noticeably more expensive. Robbins looked alright but again thought it seemed a bit anti social because of the little kitchen. I wanted somewhere with a big communal everywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeh was thinking Mary Newman aswell how much are they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
I'm not too sure it says on the Plymouth uni website. Below £130 a week I think. Francis Drake is like the newer Mary Newman. Just a newer build so better appliances etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Hi! I'm starting extended science also 2013, accepted my unconditional offer today. I'm mature student from Ireland. I want to go on to study Healthcare Science 2014.

Emmett.
Reply 27
Original post by molyka
Is anyone starting this course in September? I have a conditional offer after not getting place on child health nursing.What degree does anyone want to progress to after? I want to do healthcare science hopefully!!

Hi! I'm starting extended science also 2013, accepted my unconditional offer today. I'm mature student from Ireland. I want to go on to study Healthcare Science 2014.

Emmett.
Reply 28
Hi Emmett, that's cool! Are you going to be staying in halls? I'm also classed as a nature student apparently. I'm 20 but because I've been working I'm a mature student. I'm going on to study Biological Sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going on the study midwifery .. What about everyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by bethanyneyle
I'm going on the study midwifery .. What about everyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey! I'm Doing Civil Engineering, i know, sounds super interesting, but i can't wait to start!!!!
Original post by bareham4
Hey! I'm Doing Civil Engineering, i know, sounds super interesting, but i can't wait to start!!!!

Holy moly sounds hard!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an unconditional offer for extended science and I am looking forward to start in September, I wasn't accepted for Operating Department practice (ODP) so I am trying this.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 33
Im doing this course as well, honestly cannot wait to start! I didn't get into the Animal Behaviour course due to leaving college to work for the RSPCA for a year and a half but plymouth offered me this course and got an unconditional offer (yay)!
just been to the university on wednesday for an introduction of the course and a tour of the university facilities can't wait to start i am excited
Reply 35
I have a conditional offer for extended science and looking forward to it! The uni has good services from what I have seen.
Reply 36
Original post by Alex_Jones
I did Extended Science last year and am currently studying Healthcare science its a really useful enjoyable course :smile:

Hi there, I hope you don't mind me emailing you. I'm starting healthcare science (physiological) in Sept, plymouth. I was hoping you could explain a little about the course modules in maths, Physics, and chemistry. I'm coming as a mature student 32, i haven't studied any maths in a very long time, and i will most likely struggle a lot with math modules. the health sciences won't be a problem for me. Can u tell me how the other students are finding these modules? Is the maths hard? Can you give me an idea of what type of maths is involved.. is it like really hard scientific equations or is the focus more on the biological sciences? I'm coming from a paramedical background so i never had to worry much about maths in my career. Thanks very much, i really appreciate it. Emmett.
Reply 37
If anyone wants to know anything about what Extended Science involves or what modules you cover, I did it in 2009 and still have a reasonably good knowledge of what went on.
Reply 38
Original post by Fionelo
If anyone wants to know anything about what Extended Science involves or what modules you cover, I did it in 2009 and still have a reasonably good knowledge of what went on.

Hello I would like to know a bit more about what Extended Science involves, and what would you say on average is the amount of books you need for the course, though I did find the interview quite informative about the course and how it gives you a firm basis in science.

I'd be grateful if you could shed a bit more light on the course, from your own experience :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by TimW86
Hello I would like to know a bit more about what Extended Science involves, and what would you say on average is the amount of books you need for the course, though I did find the interview quite informative about the course and how it gives you a firm basis in science.

I'd be grateful if you could shed a bit more light on the course, from your own experience :smile:

dropped you a message

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending