The Student Room Group

Tattoo Bashing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I have a pretty unique tattoo...

I have my rep count tattooed on my chest. The green gems are the size of postage stamps. Underneath it says 'Good enough for Oxbridge' in swirly writing.
Reply 21
Original post by the bear
I have a pretty unique tattoo...

I have my rep count tattooed on my chest. The green gems are the size of postage stamps. Underneath it says 'Good enough for Oxbridge' in swirly writing.

Should change it to: 'Are my grades good enough for Oxbridge?'.

What happens if your rep decreases?
I just wan't to express myself
:emo:
Reply 24
Original post by Ollied
I have the whole front of my body covered, top half of arm and a whole leg. I get them because I like them, I'm with you on the memories part, I wouldn't ever get a tattoo for a memory for the exact reasons above.
I like the art that goes into them ( I can't draw myself or don't study art ), I have 2 red indians covering my stomach, a hourglass wings design on chest and my arm is something I thought up related to the poem the 2 roses that grew from the concrete.

Why does it matter if someone wants to have a tattoo or not, if they want to disadvantage themselves in the jobs market and run the risk of looking " green and gooey " when they're older than let them, I certainly wouldn't judge someone for not having tattoo's.

09.jpg
This guy looks cool still.

:lolwut: at least learn the correct term for those people.
Reply 25
Original post by Three Mile Sprint

Mod?! What??!! :eek:
Original post by Pinkhead
Mod?! What??!! :eek:

:askamod:
Original post by Angelx666
For the same reason people get colour on their hair or wear a certain type of shoe, get pierced etc. It's mostly no different or more complicated than - they like it.

Have to agree with this.

I used to be anti-tattoos, but not to the point where I'd bash people for having them. I then went through a really rough stage, and got one in commemoration of my recovery. Yes, I'm not going to forget the fact I got better, but it was something I wanted to do.
Reply 28
:askamod:

Congrats anyway :biggrin:
Congrats anyway :biggrin:

Thank you very much, I plan to purge D&CA with fire and pain.
Reply 30
Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons
Don't worry, no one cares that you think their tattoos are stupid.

Getting my first this year though hopefully!

What one are you getting?
Reply 31
Original post by Sammi_K?
They look good.

.... So does a parrot on my shoulder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
I think some tatoos look really cool and 'badass' lol as Americans say.

I could never go through with it myself though, I have commitment issues.

Any decision that will effect me for like 10years + scares the hell out me. So tatoos, house buying, marridge etc just do not compute with me lol.

OP are you sure your not just like me, and its just getting a bit confused and comming out as 'hating'?
Reply 33
Should change it to: 'Are my grades good enough for Oxbridge?'.

What happens if your rep decreases?

hmmm the only way is up... i have reserved both nipple areas for two more green gems; that should see me out.
Reply 34

Bless !
Reply 35
Original post by RedArrow
rather wonder WHY the **** would one do it.

Because I think they are more interesting than plain skin :smile:
Reply 36
I have 2 and I would like a couple more. I dont care who likes or dislikes my tattoos, it's my body and I will tattoo it as much as I like.

Yeah I know they will look awful when I'm 90 but then so will the rest of me :smile:
Original post by RedArrow
I'd never get a green piece of goo on my skin for a "memory" or any crap EXCUSE like that. If it means that much too me i have the mental capacity to contain it in my brain for the rest of my life.

So why the **** would one stain their skin?

Do ppl admit they forget "personal" events that are impt to them for the sake of a tattoo??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd never make pointless threads on TSR about what other people choose to look like, but you don't see me bitching about it. :K:
Tattoos almost always look awful and they're pretty disgusting IMO, but it's the person's choice...
Reply 39
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
I'd never make pointless threads on TSR about what other people choose to look like, but you don't see me bitching about it. :K:

Of course you wouldn't bitch about other peoples looks. You're a dwarf.

Quick Reply

Latest