The Student Room Group

Re-sit English Literature unit or not?

So far I've calculated that I have an overall B in English Literature, but only just. Here's the breakdown of my marks in UMS:

Unit 1 coursework: 70 (A)
Unit 2 exam: 58 (E)
Unit 3 coursework: 69 (A)
Unit 4 exam: 85 (B)
= 282 UMS

As you can see, its the Unit 2 exam that's dragging down the rest of my marks. But in a bid to amend to situation, I re-sat it in January and came out with the exact same grade. After discussing the mark with my teacher we both agreed that the exam itself, which is structurally very different from A2, works to my worst qualities in English Literature which is to constantly waffle and not keep up with time constraints. For anyone who's wondering which board the exam is with, its AQA. I put myself in for the re-sit before Easter as I didn't know how I'd do in the coursework unit because my teacher marks them during the holidays. Now I've got the A in the coursework which leaves me with an overall 282 UMS. But the problem is if the grade boundaries increase I may just miss the B, as it's only 2 UMS into the boundary.

So my question is should I re-sit or not? Any help would be appreciated and please try to avoid the grammar Nazi comments - I wrote this thread in a rush! :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Re-sit. If its constant waffle then it shouldnt be too bad, as that also means less content to remember. You dont want to regret in august when you dont get that B.
Definitely re-sit!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending