The Student Room Group

most embarsing job rejection that you have got

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by smithers123
Yes of course I can proof it email me and ill send you print screens of some I do, from hsbc, rbs, shl/kanexa. No problem at all.

Hahaha dude amazing comprehension skills as well :biggrin:
Original post by smithers123
Yes of course I can proof it email me and ill send you print screens of some I do, from hsbc, rbs, shl/kanexa. No problem at all.

You really need to find a new job
Reply 62
I got rejected by Mc Donalds,Primark,Tesco,Poundland,Next,Greggs,CEX...You name It.
I got rejected from Sainsbury's literally about 52 seconds after I'd submitted the application.
I spent about 2 hours filling it all in and then got an automated email pretty much after I'd submitted saying something along the lines of "We are afraid we cannot process your application further but good luck in your future job search bla bla"

The fact that it was 4am in the morning when I was applying as well made it totally bizarre.
(edited 8 years ago)
Everyone has a good Mc Donald rejection
Original post by TechnikAli
Rejected from being a sales assistant at age 19. Uni dropout and I'd never worked sales before. They said I was 'overqualified'. I think it's because I had to explain the meaning of the word 'ethos' to the manager who interviewed me, because he thought I was 'trying to sound clever.'

He thought I made up the word.

yep been there i asked what microchip and programming suite they used the guy didn't know and said oh the usual one I pushed "well whats that Atmel Microchip Texas?" I didn't get the job because i was "overqualified", I made him look stupid.
Went for a full time job where my friend works he got me the interview , (Haven't been to University) walked in and had the interview with two women the lady who was asking the questions was stunned that I got a friends debt quashed by with Legal Ombudsman and she closed her pad and said ''You are to qualified for this job thank you for coming see yourself out''

LOL

Most awkward thing.
Got called out for using Google search in a telephone interview. It was so awkward I just hung up as I knew there and then that i'd failed.
Original post by sr90
Got called out for using Google search in a telephone interview. It was so awkward I just hung up as I knew there and then that i'd failed.

Ouch. What were you googling?
Original post by Alexion
Ouch. What were you googling?

Got asked what something stood for... googled it

He then asked me what it meant, I was just like ''umm''

:lol:
Original post by sr90
Got asked what something stood for... googled it

He then asked me what it meant, I was just like ''umm''

:lol:

:rofl2: oops... so you just replied with the red button...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending