The Student Room Group

Boyfriend is driving me mad.

I don't know if it's things he's doing or if it's just me but he has been driving me mad recently. I constantly feel annoyed, angry or upset with him. When he acts nice towards me, I don't know how to be nice back, and I feel like I'm acting like a brick wall or something.

Basically, I'm quite miserable at the moment. And my relationship is causing it, but without the relationship I would probably be more miserable. He just acts stupid, and does stupid things. Does thoughtless things. One example is when we'd planned to go out for a meal, I got to his to pick him up and he was eating food his mum had cooked him. So we didn't go for a meal. That was just thoughtless in my opinion. Another time we were supposed to go for lunch after he finished work, I got there and texted him to say I was walking to his work then we'd find somewhere to go and he'd already gone and got himself a subway. These seem like petty/insignificant things but they are adding up and really getting to me and making me angry/upset. Tonight is already ruined before it's started, basically because he can't be bothered doing something we had arranged to do. And quite frankly I am fed up of it and how our relationship is at the moment. But he's become my life in the last year, I am dependent on him. Sometimes I feel like he's being a d**k on purpose, but truthfully I honestly don't think he realises and it just looks like I'm always moody/unreasonable.
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know if it's things he's doing or if it's just me but he has been driving me mad recently. I constantly feel annoyed, angry or upset with him. When he acts nice towards me, I don't know how to be nice back, and I feel like I'm acting like a brick wall or something.

Basically, I'm quite miserable at the moment. And my relationship is causing it, but without the relationship I would probably be more miserable. He just acts stupid, and does stupid things. Does thoughtless things. One example is when we'd planned to go out for a meal, I got to his to pick him up and he was eating food his mum had cooked him. So we didn't go for a meal. That was just thoughtless in my opinion. Another time we were supposed to go for lunch after he finished work, I got there and texted him to say I was walking to his work then we'd find somewhere to go and he'd already gone and got himself a subway. These seem like petty/insignificant things but they are adding up and really getting to me and making me angry/upset. Tonight is already ruined before it's started, basically because he can't be bothered doing something we had arranged to do. And quite frankly I am fed up of it and how our relationship is at the moment. But he's become my life in the last year, I am dependent on him. Sometimes I feel like he's being a d**k on purpose, but truthfully I honestly don't think he realises and it just looks like I'm always moody/unreasonable.

Perhaps it's best to speak to him and tell him how you feel. You never know, he may have noticed that you are feeling a bit down recently and is trying to make you laugh/lighten the mood of which you are taking as "acting stupid".

If you are miserable in this relationship and this is making you miserable with your day-to-day life, then perhaps it's for the best if you take a break. But honestly, I would try talking to him if you haven't already and you might unearth some problems and find solutions to them :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Daniel-G1995
Perhaps it's best to speak to him and tell him how you feel. You never know, he may have noticed that you are feeling a bit down recently and is trying to make you laugh/lighten the mood of which you are taking as "acting stupid".

If you are miserable in this relationship and this is making you miserable with your day-to-day life, then perhaps it's for the best if you take a break. But honestly, I would try talking to him if you haven't already and you might unearth some problems and find solutions to them :smile:

Ah thanks for the reply. He's been a bit moody recently. I know his friends have let him down a bit recently and I've tried to be there for him and tried to do things to take his mind off it like going to the cinema last night, but he was basically moody the whole time which put such a downer on it, it made me feel like it was a waste of an evening because it was supposed to be something nice for us but all he was thinking about was his friends all through it.

I've tried talking to him asking why he's always moody and he says he isn't but I've noticed he is.. and because he says he's not and I know he is it's getting me down. I've actually got so fed up that I'm going back to uni for a week or so even though I don't need to be there. I think I just need a break from him, some time to myself, and to catch up with friends. I've got exams soon myself so I'm stressed, and he's not there for me for support at all. All he ever says is 'You'll do well you'll be fine' which is the most annoying thing someone can say when you're stressing over exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending