The Student Room Group

kissing without tongues?

So there's this guy who's really sweet and everything but he kisses without tongues (even during sex) and I don't like that at all. It is such a feeble kiss and feels so empty and ridiculous. When I broached the subject, he just told me that it depends on preference and apparently it's not unusual? It isn't?!

All the other guys I've kissed have used tongues so I was just nonplussed and surprised the first time he kissed me and I just don't like it at all.

Your opinions/experience?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I dunno what to say. I've met some girls who are terrible kissers. But what can you do? I guess just keep kissing the dude till he get's good at it! lol.
Reply 2
Original post by pizzle223
I dunno what to say. I've met some girls who are terrible kissers. But what can you do? I guess just keep kissing the dude till he get's good at it! lol.

what does that mean?

pls share your experience.

is it common for people to kiss without tongues?
Original post by Anonymous
So there's this guy who's really sweet and everything but he kisses without tongues (even during sex) and I don't like that at all. It is such a feeble kiss and feels so empty and ridiculous. When I broached the subject, he just told me that it depends on preference and apparently it's not unusual? It isn't?!

All the other guys I've kissed have used tongues so I was just nonplussed and surprised the first time he kissed me and I just don't like it at all.

Why don't you just put your tongue in his mouth?
(edited 10 years ago)
I agree with holmes...try to intiate with your tongue, I'm sure he will repsond in kind :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Mycroft Holmes
Why don't you just put your tongue in his mouth?

I did.
Reply 6
Original post by TreeOfKnowledge
I agree with holmes...try to intiate with your tongue, I'm sure he will repsond in kind :smile:

He didn't.
Reply 7
As long as he uses his tongue where it can do some good, who cares?
Reply 8
I've never heard of anyone that had a preference to not use tongues.. :K:
Reply 9

I had the exact same thing with a girl and I also found it awful.

I think as you are the girl you might be able to take the lead a bit more and ask him to try it with you because you really like it (it really turns you on, if you feel comfortable giving him extra motivation.)
I do understand it can feel really empty to kiss like that if you are used to tongues. I think on top of that you can only tell him exactly how it makes you feel and he should understand.
Totally agree with OP.

Gentle kiss is the first step. But gradually force is being requested!

Time and place.
If he doesn't like kissing with tongues you can't force him to. If it's really that big a deal to you then you can stop seeing him.

I myself don't like kissing with tongues either, I just find it feels really odd and kissing normally feels much more natural.
He'll have to go down on her one day.

How would he do it without tongues?
Personally using the tongue makes someone a bad kisser ....
I can't imagine how people kiss with tongues. Do you just sort of stroke their tongue with yours, or do you sort of attack it and poke at it. And what happens when you need to swallow? :confused:

I've never kissed anyone, as you can guess.
Be thankful you didn't date the last guy I was with! He used to hurt me when he kissed, did some wierd bitey suction thing that sort of gave me cuts and hickies on my lips :s
Reply 16

errm suppose it would be nice to just kiss a girl without the sloppy-ness:rolleyes:

Anyway back to your post, I guess it must be wweird to kiss like that in the bedroom:confused: as usually the moment makes you want to be as close as you can with someone (tounges and all)

Is it like a 'peck' or a long kiss?
Reply 17
Original post by RedDevilThing
If he doesn't like kissing with tongues you can't force him to. If it's really that big a deal to you then you can stop seeing him.

I myself don't like kissing with tongues either, I just find it feels really odd and kissing normally feels much more natural.

:rolleyes:
for me kissing without tongues is not normal. it doesn't even feel like a kiss, it feels like some weird stunt where someone is squeezing my mouth with their lips.
Reply 18
Original post by Tim99
errm suppose it would be nice to just kiss a girl without the sloppy-ness:rolleyes:

Anyway back to your post, I guess it must be wweird to kiss like that in the bedroom:confused: as usually the moment makes you want to be as close as you can with someone (tounges and all)

Is it like a 'peck' or a long kiss?

it's the weirdest thing ever. him using his lips to squeeze my mouth and yes at length too. it's difficult to describe.
Same, never kissed before myself. Apart from the pillow. lol!

How on earth do tongues fit? And what defines a 'really bad kisser'. I've never got that.

Quick Reply

Latest