The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Nursing timetable Query in University of West London

I am due to start Adult Nursing in Septemeber in The University of West London, anybody that is currently doing Nursing or starting Nursing in September have any clue about our timetable, regarding classes and placement? As I am a student from Ireland, it would be good to have an idea how often I would get home and how long for? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi Ciara - Congrat's on your success....I'm heading over for interview @ the end of the month (fingers crossed) Hope all goes well for you - Michael - Sligo
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Dear Ciara,
It really depends on which campus you will be attending (Reading or Brentford) as for the placement I guess it won't be that far from the Uni Campus :smile:
Hi ciara my name is Louise and I'm also travelling from Ireland to west London university. I'm not sure of the time table bulimia sure you get a mid term and Christmas etc. have you looked at accommodation yet, I have been looking to rent a room in reading as I'm 27 I would rather not live in student accomadition x
Reply 4
Hiya, i'm due to start adult nursing in Sept also, i'm coming from Dublin, have you all sorted accommodation yet? Im having trouble with this :/
Reply 5
Hello all,

I will be starting Adult Nursing this year at UWL and was wondering what your time table is like? 3days, 4days or 5days? are they early starts or mid days?
I will really appreciate any information you can provide please as to what the programme is like.

Thank you for your time.
Reply 6
Well to start its 3 days M, T, T, now that the second semester has started its M, T, T, F. For the first semester mostly half days either in the am or pm. Congratulations, get used to doing a lot of stuff on your own. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by froggpondde
Well to start its 3 days M, T, T, now that the second semester has started its M, T, T, F. For the first semester mostly half days either in the am or pm. Congratulations, get used to doing a lot of stuff on your own. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have my induction week coming up in couple of weeks can you tell me what to expect & are you actually in for the whole week or more like semester 1 timetable 3 days.thanks:colondollar:
Reply 8
Original post by sarasloper
I have my induction week coming up in couple of weeks can you tell me what to expect & are you actually in for the whole week or more like semester 1 timetable 3 days.thanks:colondollar:

Hi Sarasloper, are you starting the PGDip or BSc? I can advice on the PGDip starting in February.
Reply 9
Hello,
is anyone starting the PGDip Adult Nursing, Feb 2014?
Reply 10
Original post by joyfull
Hi Sarasloper, are you starting the PGDip or BSc? I can advice on the PGDip starting in February.

Hi, I am starting my first year on the BSc wasn't able to get on the PGDip due to issues with my degree.
Reply 11
Hi Guys im also from Ireland got a conditional offer for Childrens Nursing at the Berkshire campus, accommodation is actually hard to find and very pricey! Dm me on twitter as I dont receive notifications from here if your looking to share accommodation! @imogenryan93
Reply 12
Original post by Ciara :)
I am due to start Adult Nursing in Septemeber in The University of West London, anybody that is currently doing Nursing or starting Nursing in September have any clue about our timetable, regarding classes and placement? As I am a student from Ireland, it would be good to have an idea how often I would get home and how long for? :smile:

Which Campus are you on? I got childrens nursing for the reading campus!
Reply 13
Original post by joyfull
Hello,
is anyone starting the PGDip Adult Nursing, Feb 2014?

Hi Joyfull, I am due to start the PGDip in adult nursing in UWL in Sept. I have to first complete the APL module. Did you find any examples or formats online when you were doing yours? I'm worried because the word count is 6000 but each section is limited to 400 in the extended CV?

Thanks a million
Original post by Amanda58
Hi Joyfull, I am due to start the PGDip in adult nursing in UWL in Sept. I have to first complete the APL module. Did you find any examples or formats online when you were doing yours? I'm worried because the word count is 6000 but each section is limited to 400 in the extended CV?

Hi Amanda I am also due to start this course in September. I have done this module now and I believe I have passed it

I didn't stick to the word limit of 400 words as I had too much to say lol but some people do. I think that as long as the whole thing is under 6000 words its fine. I wrote about 5000 in total.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
Hi guys! I'm starting adult nursing in September in berkshire! Many of ye going? I'm from Galway! Have ye looked at any accommodation?
Reply 16
Hi All, I have been offered a place at UWL for the PG Dip nursing- UCAS is saying the offer is for September this year but during the selection day we were told admissions would be for February 2015.

is good to hear a little about the days at uni etc- gives you a better idea of how much time you need to invest! I am currently living in Reading, having just moved here recently. Would like to hear from others starting at the same time :smile:

fingers crossed for for those moving over from Ireland- there are lots of private rentals available for young professionals xxx
Original post by Jay***
Hi All, I have been offered a place at UWL for the PG Dip nursing- UCAS is saying the offer is for September this year but during the selection day we were told admissions would be for February 2015.

is good to hear a little about the days at uni etc- gives you a better idea of how much time you need to invest! I am currently living in Reading, having just moved here recently. Would like to hear from others starting at the same time :smile:

fingers crossed for for those moving over from Ireland- there are lots of private rentals available for young professionals xxx

U
I'm hopefully doing the pgdip in September too. Would u Start in September if you could? I live in reading too
Reply 18
Original post by songbirds
U
I'm hopefully doing the pgdip in September too. Would u Start in September if you could? I live in reading too

Hi! That's great news- congrats!
Did you get the same info or was September your preferred start date? I would like to start then if I could but am a little confused so have contacted admissions for some clarity!
Now to think of finances! :frown: x
Original post by Jay***
Hi! That's great news- congrats!
Did you get the same info or was September your preferred start date? I would like to start then if I could but am a little confused so have contacted admissions for some clarity!
Now to think of finances! :frown: x

Well jay it was a bit complicated... I originally applied for Feb and September. Was rejected. Then offered an interview for Feb intake 3 days before Start date. Couldn't start then for obvious reasons so they have let me start in September. I have found that admissions don't always respond to emails. If I were you I'd ring them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending