The Student Room Group

how to fit past papers in with my revision?

to revise i don't tend to follow the specification, it just confuses me so i just work through revising my class books and i've ordered a revision guide. Should i work my way through the book and revision guide and then do past papers or should i do them as i'm going along on what i've just covered? Aaaah help, what do you find best?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I would write a list of all the topics you need to do, and right dates next to them when youre going to revise that topic (some might need more time). Use your class books, the revision guide and try using the spec a little bit. The revision guide might have examples of exam questions for you to try out, makes it that extra bit more fun... :P And I would say, 5 weeks, 3 weeks and 1 week before the exam, do a past paper and mark it. They are really useful to do :smile: often the exam board use very similar questions every year! x
Reply 2
Original post by _molly
to revise i don't tend to follow the specification, it just confuses me so i just work through revising my class books and i've ordered a revision guide. Should i work my way through the book and revision guide and then do past papers or should i do them as i'm going along on what i've just covered? Aaaah help, what do you find best?

For Maths I suggest

Do a past paper

Decide on a couple of topics that you were not good at on that paper

Spend some time revising just those topics

Do another paper

Choose 2 different topics that were a problem

Repeat until confident

I do not know how well this fits with other subjects

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending