The Student Room Group

Britain gets tough of Terror? London Stock Exchange bomber refused sentence cut. GOOD

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Durantula

That being said, saying he should be deported is stupid if he was born in this country. If he was not born here, and is an immigrant then yes, deport him. If hes born here then he is a british citizen same as us, and should be put in jail (as he is).

Where on earth would you even deport him to?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penal_transportation
Original post by Steevee
I don't want the death penalty here for a few reasons. But your reasoning is rather silly. Wanting to execute someone that activly tried to kill and maim hundreds of civilians is a bit different to the mentality and morals of the person attempting to kill and maim hundreds of innocent civilians.

What do you mean my reasoning is silly? Are you trying to say there are different types of murder? Are you saying that certain types of murder are inherently good? Are you saying that humans should have the jurisdiction to kill one another for reasons they see fit... and then [you] have the cheek to say religion is silly because it passes the judgement of death. Quite frankly I fear for my life knowing people like you walk the streets thinking execution is an acceptable punishment for criminals.
Original post by slickrick666999
Christianity did not harm the UK or transform it. Islam is not just beliefs but has more culture and is also political.

And i haven't seen Right-wing Christians attempting to blow up Westeners before. But either way, if this guy had an Italian name and italian pare ts, noody would call him English either. This man doesn't see himself as English..clearly.

lol? I don't know if it harmed it (although most would count the Troubles as harmful) but it certainly changed it. wow such a noob.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by Savvy Sage
What do you mean my reasoning is silly? Are you trying to say there are different types of murder? Are you saying that certain types of murder are inherently good? Are you saying that humans should have the jurisdiction to kill one another for reasons they see fit... and then [you] have the cheek to say religion is silly because it passes the judgement of death. Quite frankly I fear for my life knowing people like you walk the streets thinking execution is an acceptable punishment for criminals.

Did I say acceptable? I said the two mentalities weren't identical and their moral value was different, not that one was good and the other bad.

Black and white, so called 'objective morality,' along with immutable judgement or barriers are simply not realistic. To kill someone planning to kill hundreds because they are planning to kill hundreds is quite a different moral dilemma to planning to kill hundreds of people. If you cannot accept this then I do worry for you. Your kind of moral absolutes will leave you ill prepared for the world.
Reply 44
Original post by GPODT
well if he is born here then he is British

Try bull****ting somebody else. I would never consider these people British.
Reply 45
Original post by the mezzil
That's to gentle, anyway, where would we deport him to? He's British.

To whatever ****hole his parents crawled out of.
Reply 46
Original post by simonbellringer
"Omar Sharif Latif, of Neville Street, was jailed for 10 years and four months, with another five years on extended licence" - this is appalling, at the bare minimum he should be serving life, MEANING life, although I would execute him, scum like that doesnt deserve to live...

Don't liken yourself to arabic savages by calling for execution.
Original post by 3 Phase Duck
Also "not english", the uk is made up of 4 nations not 1!

Yeah, screw him for ignoring 1/6th of the UK's population.
Original post by Snagprophet
Yeah, screw him for ignoring 1/6th of the UK's population.

1/6th is over 10 million people.
Reply 49
chuck em all in the bermuda triangle
Original post by simonbellringer
"Omar Sharif Latif, of Neville Street, was jailed for 10 years and four months, with another five years on extended licence" - this is appalling, at the bare minimum he should be serving life, MEANING life, although I would execute him, scum like that doesnt deserve to live...

Well said!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest