The Student Room Group

How quickly can I do AAT & ACA?

Can you only take exams during a set period (Like January and July), or can you do them when you are ready?

I'm asking because 5 years seems an awfully long time. I'm wondering if I can complete them quicker, or if I have to attend a certain number of college classes or something?

I will be doing it whilst working, so I will be getting the experience too.
Reply 1
AAT comprises of several level, you can skip to level 3 if your confident. Level 3 can be done in about 6 months but that's intense. I've been told level 4 takes about a year as there some other coursework like parts to it. With the AAT you'll be eligible for some exemptions from the ACA, but I'm pretty sure that you have to have atleast 3 years work experience until you can qualify as a chartered accoutant. So regardless of if it takes you less time to complete the examinations of the ACA it will still take a minimum of three years.
Original post by Runninground
Can you only take exams during a set period (Like January and July), or can you do them when you are ready?

I'm asking because 5 years seems an awfully long time. I'm wondering if I can complete them quicker, or if I have to attend a certain number of college classes or something?

Ask your employer? Written exams have specific sittings.
Level 4 can be done in one year and no more at Coventry, one of my former tutors left there and told us they have this fast-track option. It usually takes over a year.
http://www.covcollege.ac.uk/courses/Pages/Types/Course.aspx?@ID=839
Original post by Runninground

Hi there

Where you enter the AAT-ACA programme depends on your qualifications - the higher your quals the more advanced level you enter the programme - the quicker you finish! Find out at www.icaew.com/aat - it has all the information you need there.

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending